Speaking of "Sticky Little Rubber Thingys" ...

DJEditor

My Heresy IV's arrived with some "Sticky little rubber thingys" to use for sound isolation when placed on a hard wood floors.  These "Sticky little rubber thingys" don't stick too well to the base of the speaker which has metal feet which are close to flush to the wood riser.  Every time the speaker is moved to adjust toe in, the "Sticky little rubber thingys" come free of the speaker.  Not a defect, just a pain in the drain. Any good ideas for an alternative to "Sticky little rubber thingys"? 

Other than that, the IV's sound great and I am very pleased with them.  

• Like 1

Try using some alcohol wipes and wipe the area clean where you want to place the little rubber thing is you’re talking about and put a little dab of superglue on the rubber and then glue them on to the risers
Sounds like there might be some furniture oil or something on them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Originally the metal feet still had black paint on them when the riser was spray painted at the factory, however "Sticky little rubber thingys" still will not adhere to the feet when the paint was scraped off. I will give the felt pads a try as I have some around the house. As to "Now begins the debate over strong vs. weak coupling of the speaker enclosure to the floor." by Edgar ,  Let the discussion begin ! Or continue as it may be.

I also have sticky little rubber thingys that Klipsch graciously provided to put under the corners of the risers of my Cornwall IV's.  Unlike the flat-washer-shaped sticky little rubber thingys that they provided to protect the speakers from the grille magnets during shipping (I suppose), these sticky little rubber thingys are little hemispherical nubs (I'm sure just like DJEditor's).  Klipsch probably paid about 3 cents for them.  I'm equally sure that if you try to move the speaker after installing them, they will un-install themselves.  Or at least, one will.

I think the best remedy depends on your floor.  Yes, on a hard, non-carpeted floor, I would go with good felt pads.  On carpet, nylon sliders would be my preference.  Or, if I wanted to go all audiophile, I might find a way to do spikes (on carpet).  I have carpet over concrete.  I intent to pick up enough sliders to do the job, ASAP!

• Like 1