Surround speakers for Lascala's?

Rod Sheridan

Hi, I have a living room in a townhouse with a pair of Lascala's as the main speakers.

I would like to add rear speakers and was considering the R-620F's as their efficiency is OK ( my receiver has a maximum of 10dB rear boost), and they fit in with the décor.

Any comments?

Thanks, Rod.

Heresy's or somesthing from the KG line are the only speakers that will acoustically blend seamlessly.  Anything from the reference line will stick out like a sore thumb.  If size is an issue and you can't work Heresy's KG2's or 2.2's would work well.

3 hours ago, Rod Sheridan said:

Thanks, do you mean blend seamlessly in the acoustic or visual aspect?

regards, Rod

Both.

Also, just to point out, in a properly set up 4.1 or 5.1 surround system you want side surrounds, not rear surrounds.  They should be placed to your side facing inward.  A 7.1 setup adds rear surrounds behind you.

Heresy's or somesthing from the KG line are the only speakers that will acoustically blend seamlessly.  Anything from the reference line will stick out like a sore thumb.  If size is an issue and you can't work Heresy's KG2's or 2.2's would work well.

I use Heresys with my LaScalas. I have them sitting on top of bar stools, perfect height for surround.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

Well, the best surround speakers to go with La Scala mains are La Scalas, of course!

When I got my La Scala IIs, I wondered what I should do with my old (1974) La Scalas.  For a minute or so, using them to replace the Heresy IIs I was using for surrounds at the time crossed my mind.  I thought to myself, “No way, that would be just too decadent.”  Then I thought, “I’ve got them, they’re paid for, let’s do it”

The original La Scalas went behind and to the sides of the sofa, and I listened happily ever after.  The end.

• Like 1

Heresys blend very well, are reasonably priced (if you are driven by economics), and attractive in my humble O.

Even though I can not use... 'textbook'... placement, I can work with what I have. You need to get in there and blend them from a time alignment and SPL stand point, afterwards is pure joy.

48848482931_24eaaaff58_k.jpg48848121998_5716c04476_k.jpg