*SOLD* La Scala pair $1950 - Central Missouri

Matthews

40 minutes ago, DizRotus said:

If you sell these prior to restoring the newly acquired pair mentioned elsewhere, what will you listen to?

Good question, Diz!  Hadn't really thought about it.  Have some shop speakers I could pull inside. But then, what am I going to listen to in the shop 🤔
Sounds like I may be in a pickle 🥒 LOL.   Probably just pick up a pair of something or other from MP.

1 hour ago, Ceptorman said:

I'm usually partial to finished wood, but those look stunning. 

the LS's?  They are not perfect but do present well.  Custom cane grills set them apart.  This pair was a part of my restorations several years back.  Sold them to a friend to finish so they don't have quite the perfection as a pair I had personally restored.  He wanted something that blended into his lifestyle a little better (WAF) so I traded him a pair of RF-7, and so, the LS are back in my possession.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
23 hours ago, Matthews said:

beaters on stand-by...

No description available.

Dude !!!

What are you going to veneer them in ??

Those cain grills really looked stunning with the Black by the way !!

What drivers do you have in the beaters and what is your plan ??

I have four Pro Split La Scalas with Trim and two Pro Heresy Slant Monitors with trim that a friend is going to veneer in Santos Rosewood for my Daughter. Plans are to completely refinish all trim and put it all back on with the Rosewood. Currently I have Six extra K-55V solder terminal drivers and six extra K-55M drivers and I need to decide between K-55 Push pin, K-55 Solder Terminal and K-55M for voice on all these... I bought K-42 Woofers and they are installed into the slant monitors after an A/B session of listening. I also replaced the original Alnico round magnet K-77's in the slant monitors with K-77 square Mud magnet tweeters so all six match. :D

Roger

• Like 3

Roger @twistedcrankcammer

Are you going to plane down (or sand heavily) the cabinets before veneering? I know the veneer is fairly thin but will change the outside dimensions enough to make the trim a bit short of the mark. Just thinking out loud. If you have a textured finish you are removing, that may be enough of a reduction before you add. Good luck.

Mike

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MookieStl said:

Roger @twistedcrankcammer

Are you going to plane down (or sand heavily) the cabinets before veneering? I know the veneer is fairly thin but will change the outside dimensions enough to make the trim a bit short of the mark. Just thinking out loud. If you have a textured finish you are removing, that may be enough of a reduction before you add. Good luck.

Mike

Mike,

Both pair of La Scalas have textured surface and the pair of Heresy slant monitors have fiberglass. 

A friend is doing them for me, but if I were doing it myself, I would remove the trim, Bondo the hell out of the surface and wide belt them.

I will try ta attach a picture of the veneer my daughter picked out.

Putting grills on all speakers and slant grills on La Scala Bass Bins.

Roger

Kimberly's Rosewood Veneer.png

• Like 4

17 hours ago, twistedcrankcammer said:

What are you going to veneer them in ??

no plans on veneering them.  They will get a complete sanding down to the wood.  There are a few minor repairs to make.  Ultimately, they are slated for Plum Mahogany (version II).  I liked the 1st pair so well, gonna do it again.  That was the only pair I really had a hard time letting go.  Keepers this time!

No description available.

I plan on updating the AA crossovers with the Crites kit.  They have 77 square, 55 spring lug.  I haven't pulled the dog house cover yet to reveal square or round K33.   Pretty simple restoration, just time consuming. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1