*SOLD* La Scala pair $1950 - Central Missouri

Matthews

On 9/15/2020 at 7:53 AM, Matthews said:

no plans on veneering them.  They will get a complete sanding down to the wood.  There are a few minor repairs to make.  Ultimately, they are slated for Plum Mahogany (version II).  I liked the 1st pair so well, gonna do it again.  That was the only pair I really had a hard time letting go.  Keepers this time!

No description available.

I plan on updating the AA crossovers with the Crites kit.  They have 77 square, 55 spring lug.  I haven't pulled the dog house cover yet to reveal square or round K33.   Pretty simple restoration, just time consuming. 

Congrats on your sale!

My money is on round magnet K-33E's

Make the new ones beautiful as well !!

Rog

• Like 2

1 hour ago, twistedcrankcammer said:

Thanks Carl, 

I think they will but you are the first one to agree with me, Luther likes the idea better without trim..   :D

Rog

29 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

If the trim is as pristine as the veneer it should look awesome IMHO.

I really like the alum trim. I like it with the black texture and I am a big fan of it with the birch, but not sure about the darker veneer. Don't see why not, just cant visualize the end result. I threw some trim on a natural set of H1's just to see prior to putting it on the black duratex one it was intended for. Should have slapped it on the darker set just for kicks.

trim.thumb.jpg.c899c16052ef7b2ff16d650c65a258f4.jpgIMG_0971.thumb.jpg.74ed48785ab0e09ad28dbdbd98fc6f5b.jpg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

Birch and trim is gorgeous on LSI splits.

I've only seen that in pictures but looks very nice.

I have a pair of LSI splits, maybe i should build new cabinets in Birch and put the trim on........nah! too much work. They are fine they way they are.

• Like 1

On 9/15/2020 at 7:53 AM, Matthews said:

no plans on veneering them.  They will get a complete sanding down to the wood.  There are a few minor repairs to make.  Ultimately, they are slated for Plum Mahogany (version II).  I liked the 1st pair so well, gonna do it again.  That was the only pair I really had a hard time letting go.  Keepers this time!

No description available.

I plan on updating the AA crossovers with the Crites kit.  They have 77 square, 55 spring lug.  I haven't pulled the dog house cover yet to reveal square or round K33.   Pretty simple restoration, just time consuming. 

For sure. These are absolutely fantastic. I had to part with them when I moved last summer. Maybe not the smartest thing I've ever done 

Can't wait to see your next creation. I’m sure they will be spectacular. 

Mark

• Like 2

On 9/14/2020 at 2:47 PM, twistedcrankcammer said:

Mike,

Both pair of La Scalas have textured surface and the pair of Heresy slant monitors have fiberglass. 

A friend is doing them for me, but if I were doing it myself, I would remove the trim, Bondo the hell out of the surface and wide belt them.

I will try ta attach a picture of the veneer my daughter picked out.

Putting grills on all speakers and slant grills on La Scala Bass Bins.

Roger

Kimberly's Rosewood Veneer.png

Slapped a piece of alum angle on a (kinda) similar color stain to get a feel for it.

IMG_1148.thumb.jpg.4bb6757374f6830973981cb050a46c1a.jpgIMG_1147.thumb.jpg.5f4a370d60efe1c48fa89d476f1df83b.jpg

On 9/22/2020 at 9:02 PM, MookieStl said:

Slapped a piece of alum angle on a (kinda) similar color stain to get a feel for it.

IMG_1148.thumb.jpg.4bb6757374f6830973981cb050a46c1a.jpgIMG_1147.thumb.jpg.5f4a370d60efe1c48fa89d476f1df83b.jpg

Great dude, thanks for that !

Question, do you think putting the trim back to brand new factory specs would look better or having it professionally polished and polished nickel plating would look better ??

Everybody weigh in please...

Rog

• Like 1