Pineapple on Pizza?

Travis In Austin

Pineapple on Pizza? Yes or No?  

39 members have voted

1. 1. Pineapple on Pizza

• Yes
    • No

Once a month or so I'll make homemade pizzas. One will be all meat, the other will be Alfredo sauce, spicy chicken, broccoli and mozzarella cheese.
Pizza and BBQ are regulars around here. I love making homemade pizza. I often use my BGE for fire brick and 17" cast iron pan for deep dish. Often make BBQ pulled pork pizza.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Pineapple means it ain't pizza its just a pie.

"In Italy, the concept of putting pineapple on a pizza is unheard of. Try ordering a Hawaiian pizza and you'll be greeted with a look of sheer horror by a flabbergasted waiter. Take care when ordering a pepperoni pizza too. You may end up with capsicum peppers (peperoni) instead of salami."

LUDICROUS SPEED GO!!!   Be creative with your pizza is my motto.  I like to pick up a dough or two from the local pizza parlor which makes pizza rather well and use my sauce.  Add all sorts of combinations because who knows what can happen.  My pizza regular style is: Fresh mozzarella, regular mozzarella, homemade sauce, oregano, and the dough mentioned above. Toppings I am fond of putting on my pizza are: bell peppers & onions /  pineapple & bacon / eggs & bacon /pepperoni / buffalo chicken with blue cheese.  I recently purchased a Lloyd's pizza Sicilian deep dish pan which cooks very nicely.  

IMG_1868.jpg

• Like 1

not meaning to hijack the thread; but I'm also a fan of deep dish pizza.

there was this legendary place in Grand Haven.  Lines down the block just to get in -- ordered and went to pick it up. while waiting the server walks by with a pizza that is about as thick as a piece of paper. I figured that was a special order; but no ... that is their pizza.  they actually cut it into slices using scissors. Oh yeah, you have to look hard to find any sauce. 

The place was called Fricano's.  Maybe Neil @DizRotus has heard of it?    By the way, anyone traveling through Grand Haven and hungry for a pizza ... The Clover Bar pizza is the best in that town. 

19 hours ago, BigStewMan said:

not meaning to hijack the thread; but I'm also a fan of deep dish pizza.

there was this legendary place in Grand Haven.  Lines down the block just to get in -- ordered and went to pick it up. while waiting the server walks by with a pizza that is about as thick as a piece of paper. I figured that was a special order; but no ... that is their pizza.  they actually cut it into slices using scissors. Oh yeah, you have to look hard to find any sauce. 

The place was called Fricano's.  Maybe Neil @DizRotus has heard of it?    By the way, anyone traveling through Grand Haven and hungry for a pizza ... The Clover Bar pizza is the best in that town. 

Yes Steve, I’ve heard of Fricano’s. It’s as you describe, a very thin crust cut with scissors.  It’s greasy with heavy garlic and very little sauce.  I LOVE it, but only occasionally.  Like pineapple and ham “pizza,” Fricano’s is enjoyable but not my favorite pizza. I also agree with you that Clover Bar has the best traditional pizza in Grand Haven.  Deep dish, “Detroit Style” pizza, as made famous by Buddy’s and now sold by Jet’s, Pizza Hut, and others is also delicious.

In other words, I enjoy many variations of “pizza,” but if forced to choose only one to enjoy the rest of my life, it would be Clover Bar.  Buddy’s would be second with Fricano’s third.  Pineapple and ham, although a pleasant occasional diversion, would not make my list.

965E7027-B3B8-4FBF-B01D-A6CD15FFF206.jpeg

B6DAE5D8-4733-48C0-9A9F-8BA9D31AB07D.jpeg

Steve you’re correct.  Snow, rain or shine, there is always a line of people waiting when the doors open at this tired looking building on the wrong side of town in Grand Haven.

• Like 1