How to correctly match up your top half with bottom halfs for La Scala 2

Fattner

Question : I was boxing up my La Scals to move them and I noticed that I pair the top with the bottoms  with the same last two numbers as per the Kilpsch factory tag on the back of each speaker....ok but I see on the factory boxes they came in the lable  states you mix  up the numbers example 03 top match with 04 bottom ...does this sonically matter or is it a cosmetic thing ?? Help !!!

26 minutes ago, Fattner said:

Ok  I will call klipsch  on Monday and ask why the boxes say one thing for a  tops/bottoms match and back of speakers give a different  top/bottom match 

they might be closed for covid 19-    last time I called in -  I stayed 2 hours on an automated hold ------no answer -just relooped over and over ----

• Moderators

Good idea, which way does the wood pattern match up best ? Top to the bottom on each speaker and they both should be somewhat similar with conesetuctive serial numbers.

I would think all the drivers could be swapped around and it would make no difference, it's all the same drivers for each one made, this is what made me think it is cosmetic.

• Moderators
Just now, RandyH000 said:

they might be closed for covid 19-    last time I called in -  I stayed 2 hours on an automated hold ------no answer -just relooped over and over ----

Might be, or just running the minimal amount of people?

According to the instructions that came with my La Scala IIs, the numbers on the speakers are what you go by when matching tops and bottoms.  It says that they are matched acoustically, not just cosmetically.  Perhaps yours got mixed up when they were being packed, and since the pair were going out together, they thought it would make no difference, because the relevant numbers are on the speakers.

I’d still call Klipsch to confirm this, if only for your own peace of mind.

8 hours ago, Islander said:

According to the instructions that came with my La Scala IIs, the numbers on the speakers are what you go by when matching tops and bottoms.  It says that they are matched acoustically, not just cosmetically.  Perhaps yours got mixed up when they were being packed, and since the pair were going out together, they thought it would make no difference, because the relevant numbers are on the speakers.

I’d still call Klipsch to confirm this, if only for your own peace of mind.

Ok I think I will Thankyou for your help !!

• Like 1