This just happened.... chorus ii

DTO

I am amazed at what 15-30 year old junk gear is being sold for these days. For example, I see may cheap pioneer 3-way speakers from the 90's online  listed for sale for more than they were new!  Are people trying to play the nostalgia card?  These sounded mediocre for the time period and would be considered pretty bad by today's standards.

It's funny how the price of everything goes up, but somehow our paychecks seem to stay the same!

Just wait for the hyper inflation to kick in full force..... ugh!  I knocked down my old shed this summer... it needed to be replaced years ago when I bought my place! ( I focused on remodeling the entire inside of my house first)  Well, my design calls for just over 100  8 foot 2x4's.  Traditionally these have always been around $2.  Well, when I went to home depot, I did a double take when I saw the same lumber is now $5.17.  So, needless to say, I turned right around and went home.

I know many factors are causing the price hike, such as the mills being closed for a bit, distribution issues and temporary shortages caused by continued demand etc.  But hopefully the prices will return to normal after a while!

-----on the other hand , older klipsch speakera are definitely not junk , spare parts are readily available  ,  and newer series  speakers   are 4-5 times the price , and the lean years are over, at least  for the Heritage klipsch  series lineup -

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, RandyH000 said:

----on the other hand , older klipsch speakera are definitely not junk

For clarification: I wasn't referring to the Chorus as older junk speakers... the older junk speaker was just as a reference in general regarding the plethora of stuff I've seen posted for sale online lately.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, W27 said:

They’re worth what someone is willing to pay. I think the Chorus II are a great speaker. Considering the prices of new Heritage speakers, I don’t think it’s bad at all 

the Chorus II  sale on Ebay had 17 bids --------winner take all