Placement question for RP-500SA

barnarjr

Hi everyone!

I'm somewhat of a newbie to HT.  I'm in the process of installing a HT setup and I read lots of great reviews of the Klipsch speakers, so going with them wasn't a hard decision.  But I'm unsure about the RP-500SA. 

For my setup, I am going to use 8060FAs for left and right, 504C for the center, and 502S for surround left and right, and rear surround left and right.  I know that the 8060FAs have upward firing Atmos speakers in them, and I was planning on putting 2 500SAs in the back of the room also connected to the receiver's height channels to give me 4 height speakers.  So my first question, is will I even gain anything by adding in the 500SAs?  If so, how should they be positioned?  They are slanted, but it appears that when wall mounted, the slant will make them point down, and shouldn't Atmos speakers be pointed up like the ones in the 8060FAs?

Thanks in advance!

-John

I also have been researching the 500SA. Also a noob in training. They are designed slanted to be either atmos enabled  (sitting flat on top of a tower speaker usually) or wall mounted to point downward as a surround height speaker or even as a surround. 

I personally have the 500SA en route so I can’t attest how well they perform sitting flat but a lot of reviews on YT say using them wall mounted produces a way better effect. Also the ceiling matters and placement if ur using them as atmos enabled sitting flat. Ceilings should be flat and no beams for the sounds to bounce correctly. 

Are your surrounds and rear surrounds placed around ear level? If so wall mounting them would be an ideal placement. See the attachment. I think that set up is close to your set up besides the rear height 500SA would be wall mounted instead of ceiling mounted. 

YouTube is your friend. Def has been mine while learning about HT and klipsch products. Watch some reviews on them. 

here’s a link to Dolby speaker set up guides for placements 

https://www.dolby.com/about/support/guide/speaker-setup-guides/

1820CFE6-FC7B-415B-85F2-D703FEA0188B.png