La Scalas for sale Toronto area

HPower

I have decided to list my recently refurbished Klipsch La Scalas.

These are a1982 Vintage with K-77M tweeters and K-55M midrange.
The crossovers were Type ALs originally and were in very rough condition… not to mention the ALs were the very worst Klipsch Xover ever.
So, I found a mint pair of Type AAs and swapped them in and trash bin’ed the old ALs.

I then decided to laminate 1/2in Baltic Birch to the Tops, Bottoms and Sides via screws and PL glue.
This accomplished two things, gave a nice new exterior to work with and stiffing of the cabinets to help eliminate any resonance.

Rather than veneering these guys I decided to give them more of a Klipsch Industrial look.
I rounded all the edges, even the openings for the tweets and midrange horns.
Then I rolled on some black Duratex to give a factory like pebble finish.
I even found 2 pair of brand new old stock Klipsch handles that countersunk into the sides.
To cap it off and complete the look, I found some nice replica Klipsch Industrial badges for the fronts.

I think these now look as good as they sound!

At my asking price, I would be open to deliver within a 2 hour drive of Toronto / Newmarket.

If following distancing and mask protocol, a limited audition could be set up, but only for those very serious to buy.
Can be heard with either Solid State or SET tubes.

Also listed on CAM, more pics can be found there.

https://www.canuckaudiomart.com/details/649649369-klipsch-la-scala/

I have lowered the price from my original ask of $2600cnd down to $2300cnd.

I also have my Peavey / K510 listed, I do need to make some room... so which ever sell first.

Thanks for looking.

IMG_2081.thumb.JPG.8ccb575ae01dba82fa2c108b761c3782.JPGIMG_2078.thumb.jpg.684a33bd25e45444f4f1d84b1572c8a6.jpgIMG_2076.thumb.jpg.475415fde90958db49edfefc37f43793.jpg

• Like 4

Those look nice. GLWS

Be careful bashing AL x overs. Some have become defensive on the subject.

I had a pair that I mentioned my plan was to wash them and then burn them. There was an uproar. I ended up sending them to another member. He sat on them and then sent them to yet another member who tried to convert them to an AA and it ended up being more work and money than it was worth. I think he threw them away, which I should have done in the first place.

• Like 1

Thanks very much for the tire pumping guys!

Hey Pat, they already are in a happy home, just a crowded happy home that needs some space cleared up.:sad:

This really did make huge transformation and I sure they will make someone pretty happy.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, HPower said:

Thanks very much for the tire pumping guys!

Hey Pat, they already are in a happy home, just a crowded happy home that needs some space cleared up.:sad:

This really did make huge transformation and I sure they will make someone pretty happy.

well , these are beautiful      the way you finished these  speakers is pretty hard to beat -GLWS ,