Stromberg Carlson rp 726mp any good

Lbk

If I recall, this one uses a single ended 6v6 per channel for about 3 wpc.  Correct me if I am mistaken.  Has it been restored professionally?  If not, you should factor in the cost of that.  Can you post pics of the amp chassis?  Would the seller let you pull the chassis to photograph the underside?  The gamble here is whether an output xfmr, or the power xfmr is blown.

Maynard

40 minutes ago, tube fanatic said:

If I recall, this one uses a single ended 6v6 per channel for about 3 wpc.  Correct me if I am mistaken.  Has it been restored professionally?  If not, you should factor in the cost of that.  Can you post pics of the amp chassis?  Would the seller let you pull the chassis to photograph the underside?  The gamble here is whether an output xfmr, or the power xfmr is blown.

Maynard

It's on  craigslist Atlanta, says it works (all tubes light up) but starchy sound. Claims it can be cleaned professional for 50 bucks. ( yea right) The cabinet it comes in is nice but I have no use for it. Also has a turn table.

I thinking it might be something I to pass on but  could it run a pair of chorus II's? Thanks!

I

Fifty bucks could cover any needed parts if both output xfmrs are in good shape.  A tech’s labor would be another matter.  3 watts would power your speakers, but the unknown is whether it is enough to satisfy your listening levels. 

You need to be careful with stuff like this since many have been stored in damp basements or sheds for long periods of time.  Can you post the link to the CL listing?  I can look at it this afternoon.

Maynard

2 hours ago, tube fanatic said:

Fifty bucks could cover any needed parts if both output xfmrs are in good shape.  A tech’s labor would be another matter.  3 watts would power your speakers, but the unknown is whether it is enough to satisfy your listening levels. 

You need to be careful with stuff like this since many have been stored in damp basements or sheds for long periods of time.  Can you post the link to the CL listing?  I can look at it this afternoon.

Maynard

I'll try but every since my update (I didn't want) I can't find my clipboard. It's listed in Atlanta craigslist under electronics.