Wireless router recommendation

EmilC

Now that I have cut the cord with the cable company ( still using them for internet) my TV viewing is now Hulu steaming. 

My current router has got to be over 10 years old and is located on the third floor.

https://www.amazon.com/NETGEAR-N600-Wi-Fi-Router-WNDR3400/dp/B0041LYY6K/ref=sr_1_13?crid=24FS2K1QWV8L3&dchild=1&keywords=netgear+router&qid=1599070551&sprefix=netgear+router%2Caps%2C150&sr=8-13

The TV on the 2nd floor has a satisfactory picture but not as good as cable. My projector on the 1st floor is having trouble making internet connection.

I guess I could move the router to the 2nd floor but have a feeling its time to move up.

Any suggestions? fast enough for 4k? Budget under $200 and do I even need to spend that much?

Download speed is 200 mbps

Thanks in advance

Definitely change it out, and look for the new 6 service of WiFi, also maybe look into a nest system as well. That’s a fancy WiFi repeater system. It makes it seamless when walking around the house as the WiFi just flows from each nest hub and it will work great for 4K tv setup
They also call it a mesh WiFi. It can get costly, but worth it. Do t get all caught up in the google and Amazon and Alexa integration systems unless you have that already then you can integrate it into that very easily. Basically with the Wi-Fi repeater, or using an old Wi-Fi router, you won’t have to look for the new signal in your Wi-Fi list. With the nest a.k.a. mesh Wi-Fi as you walk around and get into the new signal area it will just simply switch over to it or stay on it because it’s all the same channel.
Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5 minutes ago, carlthess40 said:

Definitely change it out, and look for the new 6 service of WiFi, also maybe look into a nest system as well. That’s a fancy WiFi repeater system. It makes it seamless when walking around the house as the WiFi just flows from each nest hub and it will work great for 4K tv setup
They also call it a mesh WiFi. It can get costly, but worth it. Do t get all caught up in the google and Amazon and Alexa integration systems unless you have that already then you can integrate it into that very easily. Basically with the Wi-Fi repeater, or using an old Wi-Fi router, you won’t have to look for the new signal in your Wi-Fi list. With the nest a.k.a. mesh Wi-Fi as you walk around and get into the new signal area it will just simply switch over to it or stay on it because it’s all the same channel.
Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

$150

this should do it. Thoughts?

https://www.amazon.com/TP-Link-WiFi-AX3000-Smart-Router/dp/B07YMFZ28Q/ref=sr_1_6?ascsubtag=trd-us-6783250661034385000-20&dchild=1&keywords=Asus+RT-AX58U&qid=1599072151&sr=8-6&tag=georiot-us-default-20

2 hours ago, Rivernuggets said:

@Thaddeus Smith would have a suggestion I'd bet. 

Going to sound super douchy, but I'm not at all familiar with today's consumer grade gear. I run all SMB/Enterprise cast offs at home because I was tired of dicking around with the all-in-one good-at-none stuff. Ethernet is definitely going to be the better option for streaming.