Pictures of your Tube Amplifiers

henry4841

I would love to see more pictures of your tube amplifiers. To me they can be a work of art and some of them really catch your eye when they are on. I only have a couple of my builds worthy of posting and members have already seen them so I will not post another picture. The rest of my builds are built around a plain Bud box or Hammond. I have always been more interested in the sound rather than the appearance but I love looking at really nice retail and diy builds. Very few SS amplifiers can really catch your eye like a tube amplifier does. I look forward to seeing more. The last pictures here of the Dennis Had and Seti's build look outstanding. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, henry4841 said:

I would love to see more pictures of your tube amplifiers. To me they can be a work of art and some of them really catch your eye when they are on. I only have a couple of my builds worthy of posting and members have already seen them so I will not post another picture. The rest of my builds are built around a plain Bud box or Hammond. I have always been more interested in the sound rather than the appearance but I love looking at really nice retail and diy builds. Very few SS amplifiers can really catch your eye like a tube amplifier does. I look forward to seeing more. The last pictures here of the Dennis Had and Seti's build look outstanding. 

Here is a picture of my line magnetic lm-126ia 15 watts of tube magic based on western electric design 

64B7D801-2E0A-47FF-A648-C9FE6217931F.jpeg

• Like 7

The first is my everyday amplifier, a conventional type of OTL amplifier using 6C33C output tubes.  I quite like the second one too; again OTL, using 6082 output tubes.  The novelty with this one is that there are no transformers at all; it runs directly from the mains supply.  It's based on one of the earliest OTL designs, by Dickie and Macovski in 1954.

Regretfully, my constructions tend to be rather utilitarian in comparison to some of the beautiful ones built by others!

6C33C-OTL.jpg

6082-OTL.jpg

• Like 10

Breadboards? 

Here's a SRPP using a 6SL7 to drive a 71A.

DC heating, because directly heating with 5 volts AC is a challenge I really doubt I can pull off.

Polypropylene/oil caps used for cathode/filament bypassing. James universal OPTs.

The circuit shined on my LaScalas I had at the time. Not much gumption at 800 milliwatts a side, but it sure had a nice sound.

post-4542-0-16320000-1452364637_thumb.jpg

• Like 7

15 hours ago, rmlowz said:

I have been having a lot of fun with my new Inspire Universal SET

rmlowz

IMG_0571.JPG

below is a picture of my Inspire Hot Rod amp and LP-3.1 preamp I have added tung sol black glass 6sn7gt tubes to the preamp and black glass 6sn7gt ken rad with coke bottle 5u4gt tubes to my power amp.

• Like 1