Pictures of your Tube Amplifiers

henry4841

What a fascinating collection of ingenuity and expertise!  My avatar (qv) is one of a pair of Joule Electra 100-watt OTL monoblocs. Jud Barber had a wonderful sense of design, and I find there amps very attractive.  He apparently wasn't a great circuit engineer.  I have a JE preamp which has always been my favorite preamp.

image.png.8b9e4d333294723d2d36a68c3de312a0.png

Jud has long faded from the scene, and his products are now very hard to find on the used market, for good reason.  Of course, I can't tell you a dam thing about them,

-- Larry

• Like 7

Amp - Weston Acoustics - From Australia 

http://www.westonacoustics.com.au

I have a custom built Tweaker Universal Single Ended  Amplifier  serial number #001 

This amp was purpose built to tube roll 4 different tube types 

Also has switching from Ultralinea Pentode Mode to Triode Mode 

Depending on the combination it will give the owner a range of A Class watts from 4.3 w to 14 w per channel 

Tube types are 6L6GC, KT66, KT88, EL34 

Bios setting is manual 

All hand made using silver wire and the transformers are hand wound 

Next Post will be of the custom pre amp 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like 7

Hey Fullrange, give some of these NOS Russian tubes a try in your amplifier 6N3C. They are the Russian designation for the 6L6, same thing but made when tubes ruled, most to military standards. If you like the 6L6 sound you will like these tubes and they can be purchased on Ebay for give away prices, for what you get. I just bought 4 of them from a USA seller for $25 on Ebay. On Ebay just search for 6L6 and in some descriptions you will find they are 6N3C's or just search for 6N3C. I much prefer NOS tubes over the current productions. 

By the way nice looking tube gear. 

1 hour ago, henry4841 said:

Hey Fullrange, give some of these NOS Russian tubes a try in your amplifier 6N3C. They are the Russian designation for the 6L6, same thing but made when tubes ruled, most to military standards. If you like the 6L6 sound you will like these tubes and they can be purchased on Ebay for give away prices, for what you get. I just bought 4 of them from a USA seller for $25 on Ebay. On Ebay just search for 6L6 and in some descriptions you will find they are 6N3C's or just search for 6N3C. I much prefer NOS tubes over the current productions. 

By the way nice looking tube gear. 

I have quite a few different spare tubes including Russian military speck ( the ones with metal base ) 

They sound sweet 

• Like 2

My clone of the Scott LK-72A amplifier section with the cage removed.   Needs a nice wooden plinth.  I have a pair of the Scott LK72A/299C output transformer replacements from Transcendar and will swap those in after spending time with the Hammonds.  The Hammonds are a wee bit oversized for the power levels but I had them lying around so why not.  Compensation needed some tweaking with the Hammonds.  Also, the original design used silver mica in the FDBK return which I had a bit of a time with.  For some reason, which I'm still noodling, MLCC provided much better stability based on the analyzer response. 

The amp is insanely quiet.  Spectrum analyzer shows flat well out past 50kHz.  

If there's ever another Pilgrimage I might be tempted to drive this thing and a modified version that's almost complete down to Hope so we can all listen, compare, contrast.

chassis_15.jpg

chassis_16.jpg

chassis_17.jpg

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1