Pictures of your Tube Amplifiers

henry4841

Thought I would join in. Here is my 300B/2A3 SET amplifier. Powers a pair of Heresy III (but can also be used as a headphone amp).

High voltage and filament voltage is adjustable for either 300B or 2A3 with switches. Bias is adjustable for the power tubes and 6V6 driver tubes. 

Separate power supplies for output stage and input/driver stage. And separate filament supplies for each of the power tubes. Hybrid rectification.

Each chassis weighs a ton.

Signal chassis:

21777409423_eb4d4937b2_h.jpg

22322680372_031d643b84_h.jpg

Power Supply:

22210754708_4f17c8dd68_h.jpg

22148825689_e3b74cd63e_h.jpg

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, henry4841 said:

Lundahl OPT's as well? Looks like a quality build. 

The OPTs are actually Tribute amorphous core. The Lundahls are chokes and two filament transformers.

The two power transformers (in blue covers) are custom wound by EP (Jack Eliano).

16 hours ago, jomanos said:

Thought I would join in. Here is my 300B/2A3 SET amplifier. Powers a pair of Heresy III (but can also be used as a headphone amp).

High voltage and filament voltage is adjustable for either 300B or 2A3 with switches. Bias is adjustable for the power tubes and 6V6 driver tubes. 

Separate power supplies for output stage and input/driver stage. And separate filament supplies for each of the power tubes. Hybrid rectification.

Each chassis weighs a ton.

Signal chassis:

21777409423_eb4d4937b2_h.jpg

22322680372_031d643b84_h.jpg

Power Supply:

22210754708_4f17c8dd68_h.jpg

22148825689_e3b74cd63e_h.jpg

How long did it take you to get to this point. These look pro built. Amazing.

Who did you use for chassis plates?? I'm looking at Landfall and Front Panel Express. I like the new HV printing.

11 minutes ago, seti said:

How long did it take you to get to this point. These look pro built. Amazing.

Who did you use for chassis plates?? I'm looking at Landfall and Front Panel Express. I like the new HV printing.

The original build was maybe 10 years ago. About 5 years ago I re-built the design with changes to the filament supplies; adding the Rod Coleman voltage regulators; and adding a time delay for the high voltage supply. And also re-doing the chassis with cleaned-up PTP wiring.

The chassis plates are just aluminum plates which I hand-drilled. Then spray-painted in the foyer of my apartment. (Don't think I'll ever do that again.) I thought about using FPE, but the cost would have been too high. The printing on the plates is just custom dry transfers.

Here is the schematic:

17385313371_8b0770c8b8_k.jpg

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, jomanos said:

The original build was maybe 10 years ago. About 5 years ago I re-built the design with changes to the filament supplies; adding the Rod Coleman voltage regulators; and adding a time delay for the high voltage supply. And also re-doing the chassis with cleaned-up PTP wiring.

The chassis plates are just aluminum plates which I hand-drilled. Then spray-painted in the foyer of my apartment. (Don't think I'll ever do that again.) I thought about using FPE, but the cost would have been too high. The printing on the plates is just custom dry transfers.

Here is the schematic:

17385313371_8b0770c8b8_k.jpg

Thanks for sharing. What software did you use to draw schematics? Very nice.

Anyone can make a great looking chassis from FPE but it takes real skill and ingenuity to do it your way... Amazing..

I am planning a 112A Preamp with Coleman Regs. I have all the parts just want the chassis to be perfect. I got power supply modules from intact audio.

2 hours ago, seti said:

Thanks for sharing. What software did you use to draw schematics? Very nice.

Anyone can make a great looking chassis from FPE but it takes real skill and ingenuity to do it your way... Amazing..

I am planning a 112A Preamp with Coleman Regs. I have all the parts just want the chassis to be perfect. I got power supply modules from intact audio.

I used EazyDraw, a vector drawing program for MacOS.

Yeah, if I build another amp, I will be using the Coleman Regulators again and with Dave's modules.

• Thanks 1

This is an amplifier designed by Bruce Heran of Oddwatt and is available as a kit. He generously supports diy'er's and has published his schematic as you can tell from my build. This is one of the few PP tube amplifiers I own and what is unique about this one is that it is run in class A. I have built a number of his designs and am well pleased with all of them. 

http://oddwattaudio.com/owpoddwatt.html

P1030828.JPG

• Like 4

Here are a few.

Just finished 1.5wpc 1625 triode wired.

IMG_0504.thumb.jpg.a2d8947e9079e032e8d12206c7284e4b.jpg

Knight KB83 or was lol... 4 x EL37, 2 xgz34 forgot other tubes lol but they are bugle boys. This ran so hot we completely gutted it and redesigned it. It is now a PP triode el37 about 10wpc.

IMG_0402.JPG.68e8169861e8bd60952b07d9677935ba.JPG

Brook 12A Clones I built including PWK or Moderfari mods.

IMG_3422-1.jpg.48b430d6137824b4c00c134e82793061.jpg

A gift from IBSlammin. LuxmanPP triode 50ca10. Just completed cap replacement and putting it back to factory as it has been modified. Going to bring it up this week.

L5-1.thumb.JPG.002bc29ab4f4edef7065b51002716ab3.JPG

Next to be rebuilt two EL84 amplifiers chock full of awesome mullard gz34 and el84 tubes. Love the look.

0-1.thumb.jpg.a0e7e7a1c73908508df43a4062a88e26.jpg

I love the fisher it has been modified so I am not sure what I will do with it... Looks abit ratty.

fishers.jpeg.ef0cc4ad4afb598fd078d3ce6a722056.jpeg

• Like 9

39 minutes ago, Marvel said:

Are those 2A3 P-P designs? I absolutely love the box joints for the chassis plate bases.

Yup PP 2A3 Brook 12A clones. It was a complete PITA. I did so much wrong on this one. I learn by doing things the hard way LOL.... The transformer on the corner was supposed to be under the chassis but I screwed up big time... .. The rectifiers tubes also sit crooked... I'm thinking of redoing the chassis.. Sigh..