Pictures of your Tube Amplifiers

henry4841

Here's another amplifier that I picked up when I bought an old Mercedes SL 250 from a friend. I said I would buy the car if he threw in the amp.  It's actually a Dynaco not a Dynakit the difference being as I understand it that Dynaco's are factory wired. People get very excited about these amps saying they are the best that Dynaco made, something about the Z 565 output transformer's superior transient response.  I am hoping to pair it up with a PAS 3X.

IMG_1133.JPG

• Like 6

On 3/15/2021 at 3:05 PM, paulh said:

It's actually a Dynaco not a Dynakit the difference being as I understand it that Dynaco's are factory wired.

I have an ST-70 built by a friend... The cage has a Dynaco label. However, this was bought/built around 1972, and the output transformers had already been changed to vinyl covered leads instead of the earlier cloth covered. Some say the earlier ones are better. No telling what else changed over time. Maybe the decided not to use the Dynakit labels, as fewer kits were sold. I bought it from him before 1975, when I moved out of state.