Pictures of your Tube Amplifiers

henry4841

51 minutes ago, Shakeydeal said:

I see an Assemblage tube amp lurking in there.

Yes, Shakey. I bought it around 2000 directly from parts connection, which I think was part of Sonic Frontiers at the time. Relatively rare and unknown in Germany. Very nice amp. Do you know it from listening to it yourself?

BTW, the most inconspicuous device on the shelf is the black one with the two knobs, on the right middle shelf left below the old Quad pre and tuner. This is the simplest unit Glenn Croft ever built, in the UK. RIP Glenn. I bought it more than 30 years ago in London (no Amazon then). 
It is a pre amp with a nice phono mm input. The output is weaker than the line input. The gold colored amps on the left middle shelf are Leak Stereo 20. The input sensitivity is very high, 0.15 V for full power. That's why this Croft preamp fits like a marriage made in heaven with the Leak Stereo 20. The Croft is only a cathode follower. No gain but impedance matching, and therefore less voltage in the output than in the input. And for me the proof that it sounds better than passive preamps even if the input voltage in a power amp is sufficient.

While I'm telling, at the very bottom left is a Sansui receiver my father bought in 1968. A Sansui 300L. That was my first impression of listening to stereo at all. I had it restored 10 years ago, it's emotion...and still good sound. Speakers were Sansui SP10, full range driver in small cabinets. I still have them and they still work very well.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/16/2023 at 3:28 PM, Idontknow said:

Dynakit ST35

7423206F-3D57-4DBA-A400-F8F4A175C469.jpeg

Wooohw I almost pass this. That's a nice setup. Can you give us a feedback on your preamp? How long do you have it now?

I been looking and looking at that preamp in their site. what really got me is the parameter of the tone control which is really a must for my recording amp setup.

CCG

On 5/5/2023 at 7:14 PM, KT88 said:

IMG_4032.jpeg

IMG_4033.jpeg

IMG_4030.jpegLike it looks this moment.

IMG_4034.jpeg

Nice , nice nice @KT88, looks like a bachelor apartment, no female items visible , too pity that you don´t spin vinyl with us in the vinyl record spinning thread

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/24/2021 at 1:07 PM, michaelwjones said:

Rethm Gaanam se5 using 6C33C for 5 watts.

Rethm Gaanam se5 6C33C - 1.jpeg

Rethm Gaanam se5 6C33C - 2.jpeg

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone can help out. I need to buy a 6c33c-b tube tester for personal use only so I would know if my tubes are match within. from time to time. Thanks CCG

On 7/31/2021 at 2:05 PM, koba said:

Audiolot monoblocks. Based on 6C33C tubes. Made in Ukraine

8.jpg

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone can help out. I need to buy a 6c33c-b tube tester for personal use only so I would know if my tubes are match within. from time to time. Thanks CCG

Not sure if you have electronic skills but a far better way to match tubes is to measure dissipation of the tubes using ohms law in your amp. Old tube testers are very suspect unless refurbed by qualified tech. I can explain how if anyone interested. 

1 hour ago, CCG said:

Hi,

Does it have the name?

5 minutes ago, CCG said:

No, I don't know any 6c33c-b tube tester brand name ..If that's what your'e asking...?

Yes, it is... Ok, I can investigate the name of the brand and the model but you should keep in mind as usual they are big and heavy i.e. delivery Ukraine -> States gonna be not very cheap I'm afraid... still interesred?

54 minutes ago, koba said:

Yes, it is... Ok, I can investigate the name of the brand and the model but you should keep in mind as usual they are big and heavy i.e. delivery Ukraine -> States gonna be not very cheap I'm afraid... still interesred?

Yes I'm interested and thank you. Just keep in mind my purpose is for personal use only (not a professional). I just need to know if the tubes has the same reading as the other one like within 10% match so I can plug both tubes balanced in per channel. Please let me know and thanks,

CCG