Pictures of your Tube Amplifiers

henry4841

On 3/6/2024 at 5:31 PM, The Dude said:

I'm waiting on the same piece from Craig at NOSVALVES.  Looking forward to it. Had a 222c, from NOSVALVES and kick myself for getting rid of it, hence the purchase of the 299 from him.

I think you will be very pleased.  I've gotten more than my money's worth.  

• Like 1

This is my Fisher X-101-B. I finally took it apart to do a deep clean including using Deox-It on all the connectors, switches, pots, etc. I was planning to replace a bunch of caps, but chickened out when I opened up the bottom panel. YIKES! Instead taking the chance of turning the thing into a boat anchor, I've decided to sell it. Besides, it works great as is, so I can enjoy it until it sells.

I recently read an article from Audio Research suggesting that just because a speaker has a nominal 8 ohm rating, tube amps may work better using the 4 or even 16 ohm taps. I tested this one using the 4 ohm tap and it made an amazing difference. The amp sounds great, but I still think I prefer the ACA.

Front.JPG

Cabinet.JPG

• Like 4

15 hours ago, CWelsh said:

Fisher X-101-B Part III

This is why I chickened out on replacing the caps!

Chasis Bottom.JPG

Don't chicken out just replace the big can caps with some from Heyseed Electronics and that big brown electrolytic and you will be most of the way there. I love these fishers and can't get enough of them.  Good luck.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, seti said:

Don't chicken out just replace the big can caps with some from Heyseed Electronics and that big brown electrolytic and you will be most of the way there. I love these fishers and can't get enough of them.  Good luck.

It is the big can caps that really scare me. They are buried under a rat's nest of wires and have multiple wires connected to them. I recapped my Marantz 1060 and even replaced a few transistors, but everything is mounted on boards and is clean and easy. If it wasn't such a nice amp, I would try it. I just don't want to mess it up when I know someone with experience could restore it to better than new condition. I've even got all the new caps and am including them in the sale price.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, CWelsh said:

It is the big can caps that really scare me. They are buried under a rat's nest of wires and have multiple wires connected to them. I recapped my Marantz 1060 and even replaced a few transistors, but everything is mounted on boards and is clean and easy. If it wasn't such a nice amp, I would try it. I just don't want to mess it up when I know someone with experience could restore it to better than new condition. I've even got all the new caps and am including them in the sale price.

If you get exact duplicate can caps made from HeySeed you just take really good pics so you get everything right and make sure you get everything on the right value. Don't do anything you aren't comfortable with but it isn't bad if you get the right parts and document properly.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...