Sold

314carpenter

I don't know who in the flipping world would ever pay 700 for quartets boggles the mind and to expect to turn these at an even higher price?

Good luck with that I think 700 would be absolute top price imo and they better be like new condition 

• Like 2

Not to be an ***, but isn't anyone's time worth anything?  If the is buying them for $700 and planning on making $200, maybe less, how much time will he have into this 'business venture'?  He will easily have ten hours probably much more into this by the time he sells them as he wants top dollar. Plus gas to drive out to get them. Plus dealing with Craigslist weirdos. 

I can understand buying these, playing with them for a few months, maybe years them reselling, but buying strictly for a profit makes no sense. 

• Like 3

This guys M.O. is always the same. Highest prices I have ever seen, and the stuff sits around forever. Relisted weekly. He must find buyers though.  Eventually the stuff disappears. It is extremely annoying and difficult to be a buyer in this area now with him listing extremely overpriced items. I can not imagine he cares very much about his time or what anything is worth, as long as he gets more than he paid.

10 hours ago, tigerwoodKhorns said:

but buying strictly for a profit makes no sense. 

Especially if he paid $700.00.

I have no problem with flippers, I have done it and most likely will again.  But IMO, to be successful in a timely manner is to buy low and sell fair.

Bill

• Like 2

On 9/7/2020 at 4:37 AM, willland said:

Especially if he paid $700.00.

I have no problem with flippers, I have done it and most likely will again.  But IMO, to be successful in a timely manner is to buy low and sell fair.

Bill

I am not saying not to flip gear.  Just is it worth it?  If you buy, enjoy and then sell is makes sense as it is a hobby.  If you buy and then immediately sell for a little more it becomes a low paying job if you actually look at the numbers.  How can it be worth it? 

2 hours ago, tigerwoodKhorns said:

I am not saying not to flip gear.  Just is it worth it?  If you buy, enjoy and then sell is makes sense as it is a hobby.  If you buy and then immediately sell for a little more it becomes a low paying job if you actually look at the numbers.  How can it be worth it? 

I did not think you were saying that.  No issues there.  I guess $200.00 here, $200.00 there adds up to the flipper in question.

Though, it will be tough for him to get $900.00 unless the right(crazy) buyer comes along.:P

Bill

44 minutes ago, willland said:

I did not think you were saying that.  No issues there.  I guess $200.00 here, $200.00 there adds up to the flipper in question.

Though, it will be tough for him to get $900.00 unless the right(crazy) buyer comes along.:P

Bill

I sold my pair of Oiled Oak Quartets with brown grills on Ebay for $750 30 months ago. He came to pick them up too. Add $50 for Walnut. Add recent price increases and you are not far off of the pair in question. I thought I was robbing the place when I got that for them back then though. I would like to point out that good condition used Klipsch speakers, especially any versions of Forte, Quartet, Chorus, and Cornwall, have recently had very significant price increases on the used market. They are selling for those higher prices. We are all here shocked because of it, but it remains true. 

Here is another pair listed. Recently reduced.

https://milwaukee.craigslist.org/ele/d/brookfield-klipsch-forte-ii-speakers/7191497650.html

8 hours ago, 314carpenter said:

Not from the original poster. Not from me. Just another local who is apparently venting. https://milwaukee.craigslist.org/ele/d/brookfield-klipsch-quartet-speakers/7194529971.html

I don't think that is necessary.   Not really a warning to the public, more like an opinion ad. 

Sellers can ask what they want.  A potential buyer can agree to the price, make an offer, or move on.  No harm no foul.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Brian East said:

I have no interest in joining the forum, I was trying to figure out who would spend all that time copying and pasting my ad.

Most of the time, when someone copies and pastes ads they find on another outlet, it helps contribute more interest and puts more eyes on the product for sale, good deal or not.

What is the saying, "bad publicity is still publicity".:wink:

Still hope you do stick around.

Bill

• Like 2