Recommend 15 or 18" higher end subs

boricua2480

5 hours ago, Robert Olson said:

cuz ive got a 112 sw klipsch now and wanna upgrade  was between two spl115 and a pair of svs sb3000.

sale on the 115 now 750 a piece

I am a Klipsch guy, have been since I was 8 years old, but their (non horn loaded) subs the last several years imo are all afterthoughts. They look ok and perform ok. Thats about it. The finishes are low grade and the sound matches the finish...just decent. Nothing I'd spend my money on. Theyll match up with Reference Premiers ok but aren't even close to  keeping up with the heritage line. JTR, PSA, and SVS have power we're used to these days,, 1000 watts plus and Klipsch just hasn't made an effort to keep up. 

I've often wondered if people who refer to "fast" bass are trying to say articulate bass.....

I side in the camp that "fast" bass doesn't exist.....  where it DOES exist, it's called midrange since it's fast.

As for beating girlfriend....  I hope that's just a joke... as someone who has zero tolerance for that kind of crap, if it's true then you don't want to know my genuine thoughts.

6 hours ago, Coytee said:

I've often wondered if people who refer to "fast" bass are trying to say articulate bass.....

I side in the camp that "fast" bass doesn't exist.....  where it DOES exist, it's called midrange since it's fast.

As for beating girlfriend....  I hope that's just a joke... as someone who has zero tolerance for that kind of crap, if it's true then you don't want to know my genuine thoughts.

I think they mean muddy. Muddy bass seems slow or sluggish to me vs tight bass which seems fast, but I can't stand descriptive words when it comes to sound. The most annoying word to describe speakers or amplifiers is musical. Musical? Seriously? It better damn well be musical! Being musical is is its ONE and only job! 

• Like 1

On 10/6/2020 at 8:41 PM, finallygotmyheresies said:

boric2480, JTR's shop is somewhere near Chicago so if you went with his offerings you may be able to save a fair amount of money if you could pick them up locally.

Jeff is in South Carolina now.

I really like the HGS-18 that I have.  Other than DSP it still performs with all others in terms of output, low frequency extension and low distortion.  The DD or DD+ series will add the DSP function.  If I were you, I would also consider the JL Audio products.  They are on 13.5" subs, but they are amazing.