RF-7 mk1 - tech help

cb_600

Hi

I have gotten hold on a pair of RF-7 from 2005. They are in a really bad shape, so I got them cheap(?), about $150 for the pair.

Had to take them as is.

So, now I have checked the technical state of the speakers, and this is the list:

Tweeters measures fine in to 8ohm.

All the the bass/mid drivers are measuring as defective, except for one.

The crossovers seems to be fine, but haven't measured any components on them.

So, if I'm correct, I'll need new replacements for the bass/mid drivers. Question is, are there any place to new one's? If so, where's that. And yes, I have checked at speaker exchange.

If there are no new genuine Klipsch speakers available, are there any other replacement parts available?

Any tip is most appreciated! 5fb58a7d3ef0111ceef9dcb9305af5bb.jpg

Sent fra min CLT-L29 via Tapatalk

• Like 1

Other than measuring, have you listened to the speakers?

A couple of things, you may want to look for used in the usual places, starting with the Garage Sale section here.

And, cannot recall the size or model number of the RC-7 center speaker. 

Welcome to the forum!

BTW, if want place an ad in section here for WTBuy etc.. 

Edited by billybob

Other than measuring, have you listened to the speakers?
A couple of things, you may want to look for used in the usual places, starting with the Garage Sale section here.
And, cannot recall the size or model number of the RC-7 center speaker. 
Welcome to the forum!
BTW, if want place an ad in section here for WTBuy etc.. 
Have no sound other than from the tweeters. And when I move the woofers membrane I can hear it scratches against something.

I'll shall try to put in a advertisement for use woofers. But, as my location is in Norway (Europe), there aren't probably many sellers that are willing to ship abroad /international. But of course, worth a shot. :)

• Like 1

Sounds like you voice coils are rubbing. The voice coils themselves can be replaced. Do some googling and youtube'ing for info. 
Have tried Google, no luck. Can't find reconing kit anywhere.

And I'm also looking towards replacing the woofers with some matching speakers. Does anyone know of any good replacement speakers?

You can just replace the voice coil itself without reconing the speaker. I recently saw a guy on youtube do it. Uncle Doug. Search his videos on how if you like. In the USA I use Parts Express. You will want pro speakers if you decide to just replace the entire speaker. You want a speaker with high efficiency to go with the horn. Ten inch I think. 

https://www.parts-express.com/cat/pro-woofers-subwoofers-midrange-speakers/31?N=22164+4294967118+4294965083&Ne=10166&Nrs=collection()%2Frecord[endeca%3Amatches(.%2C"P_PortalID"%2C"1")+and+endeca%3Amatches(.%2C"P_Searchable"%2C"1")]&PortalID=1

• Like 1