Sold Eico St-70 for restoration Sold

Madman1

Factory wired and super clean, tech said it needs to be recapped etc, needs 1- 7591 replaced and both 7247/12wd7 replaced. All other tubes look original and test good. Unit is all original and unmodded.  Excellent condition except for one broken knob which I have and could possibly be repaired. Prefer not to ship at this point and can meet someone within 50 miles of Chattanooga. $375

A91B5C18-395E-4DA0-AC25-1E8247070F2D.jpeg

326290BC-AC92-4131-BCE9-5433371CF70E.jpeg

B0CEA8BA-7E89-4193-9F2D-D912CC763B79.jpeg

These are very powerful amps. I have one that has been re-capped and with tubes replaced. It sounds very similar to my Fisher 500C, but with a little more oomph. The transformers on this model are legendary for quality and heft - there are simple modifications to this amplifier that dramatically lower the noise floor of the preamp and can safely increase power to almost double the original wattage. For someone with the right skills this is a great platform to build a truly excellent tube amplifier.

• Thanks 1

Yes, it’s 35 watts a channel, but there are definitely mods like gmjungbluth referred to that can get these pumping out more power with lower distortion, then there even more radical mods which is called “hot rod” that puts out crazy power. I really hate to sell this but I’ve got a pair of mono blocks that need restoring and they are costing me a small fortune. 

4 hours ago, carlthess40 said:

That’s is a clean amp. Is it really 70 watts ? That’s a lot of tube power
Glws

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatal

On my trip to Mn I will be passing through your location. Not to sure about the time, it may be in the middle of the night. Lol

Maybe we could make out some type of deal on your amp

Send me a message so we can chat about it

Would you be open to any kind of trades for other audio gear ?

Here’s a photo of the map and the roads I’ll be driving

If the time is anywhere close, it would be sometime around 11am or give or take a hour

I’ll be leaving on the 17th and be going though Tennessee on the 18th

Thanks

Carl. 87554205895480b7037a524fe5ff6ed8.plist

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Loo