Anyone have a Tuba I could listen to

nickyboy6100

You are welcome to hear mine if you ever make it down to NC, but I will repeat what Schu said:  Don't hesitate to build one.  They are inexpensive, produce HUGE bass, and pair perfectly with La Scalas.  The only downside, as far as I can figure, is that they are huge and heavy.  I would not want to move one!   If you can fit it in your room, it will transform your sound system.  Shake pictures off the wall with ease!

2 hours ago, Tarheel TJ said:

You are welcome to hear mine if you ever make it down to NC, but I will repeat what Schu said:  Don't hesitate to build one.  They are inexpensive, produce HUGE bass, and pair perfectly with La Scalas.  The only downside, as far as I can figure, is that they are huge and heavy.  I would not want to move one!   If you can fit it in your room, it will transform your sound system.  Shake pictures off the wall with ease!

So I can commission you to build one for me? 😀

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Schu said:

don't even wait if you have the skills...

Thanks for the responses. I’m sure I could manage with the build. It looks like they offer a flat pack for the table tuba on the BFM website. That would probably be the way I’d go since I don’t have a table saw. I’m going to order some plans and study them for awhile before I make my decision. 

14 hours ago, nickyboy6100 said:

It looks like they offer a flat pack for the table tuba on the BFM website

I just seen the flat pack option, even having the ability to cut panels myself, the cost of those look decent enough to try.  I even have a 10" driver sitting around waiting to build the TT.

23 hours ago, Shakeydeal said:

So I can commission you to build one for me? 😀

Haha, with two kids and an endless list of "honey do" projects, you would be waiting quite a while. 

Seriously though, they are easy to build.  The precision required is not difficult to achieve.  I did it with a hand-held circular saw and some basic C-clamps.  The expanding glue means that you really only need ~1/4" precision for most parts.  The only thing I had to get help with was asking a friend with a router to cut the circular hole for the driver.  Everything else was pretty easy.  Finishing it took the longest, and that's only because I didn't want it to be plain black.

• Like 1