Dual Woofers?

Peter P.

Peter P.

My understanding of dual woofers in simple terms is that it has much to do with two primary concerns. #1) Inertia and #2) Packaging.

Regarding inertia, a smaller driver with less mass and a cone of smaller depth is that it can react more quickly than a larger, heavier, deeper cone. The benefit is a quicker reaction time and no doubling from the cone bending.

Relative to packaging: It allows one to have a slimmer profile enclosure, without sacrificing low bass performance.

Other forum members: Please chine in here. -Glenn

• Like 1

• Moderators
4 hours ago, Peter P. said:

What's the premise behind dual woofers?

Also in some cases it's not dual woofers, one is being used as mid range instead of a horn. It may cover more than just mid range but both are not woofers. 

Don't know it is true I was told by some one (not Roy) a long time ago, we need to check into that.

On 9/10/2020 at 12:13 PM, dtel said:

Also in some cases it's not dual woofers, one is being used as mid range instead of a horn. It may cover more than just mid range but both are not woofers. 

Don't know it is true I was told by some one (not Roy) a long time ago, we need to check into that.

You have dual woofers...

On 9/10/2020 at 12:13 PM, dtel said:

I believe that it is true. The Palladiums do just that, and they're considered a 3.5 way speaker.