TubesForHiFi Dynaco VTA ST-70 - SOLD

avguytx

I built this amp from kit form and used the upgrade Russian PIO capacitors, front gain control, and used two taps off the output transformers for use of 4-ohm and 8-ohm speakers. This has been a great amp and may have 40 hours on it at that. I also went for the upgrade 6550 output tubes and this amp can run many variations as the bias is easy to adjust with a DMM. I'm just not using it enough and have bought other things I use more so it needs to go to someone that can enjoy it. It's conservatively rated at 35 watts per channel but always tests higher.

I believe I have a couple of spare GZ34 rectifier tubes that will be included with it. New and assembled, this amp would be close to $1,500 shipped. I had it paired up with higher efficiency horn speakers which is where tube amps really shine but it also sounded very good on standard speakers.

Asking SOLD and pick up in Searcy at the local police station parking lot. Yes, I can ship this amplifier no problem but be warned that it is heavy and would need some good supplies to ship it safely. But that is an option. Please let me know if any questions.

• Like 1