Lest we forget

EmilC

I remember exactly where I was at that morning.  And I also remember that I flew out of Newark the night before as we were done with our rep firm meetings in Upper Saddle River, NJ. Our original flights were scheduled for the morning of 9/11.  I had just started with an A/V Manufacturers rep firm just 2 weeks before.  I'll never forget that feeling the next morning when everything happened.

• Like 1

Watching some of the video again this morning, it's still unbelievable.

The largest hi-rise building in Indy has 1 million square feet, It's 50 stories tall. Those twin towers and the connecting building has over 12 million sq ft, I can't imagine 12 Chase Tower buildings in a pile.

2 hours ago, JohnJ said:

Don't be misled about who it is that supports that ilk in it's many forms.

It's globally societal now, not inbred but impressioned upon young minds.

Even worse, this was in a way foretold!

What exactly are you talking about?  What ilk?  What forms?  Maybe a post was already deleted by the time I read this.

1 hour ago, oldtimer said:

What exactly are you talking about?  What ilk?  What forms?  Maybe a post was already deleted by the time I read this.

wha wa na wa wa

no wa ha polit 

My best Charlie Brown adult speak.

I Know Nothing!                    *Sgt. Shultz

Shhhhhh!

There are mods awound and I can not be expwicit !              * Elmer Fudd rabbit hunting

If You Have to Ask...

You'll Never Know.

Funky Mother-                      *Red Hot Chili Peppers

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

I know better than to get political here, and to speak bad about what I wanted to would be construed as such.

Thought it could be easily perceived as I was walking the thin line already.

I was at the Cape when it happened and with three Air Force Bases within the county it got loud for a few weeks especially the first day or so with them buzzing the ground.

United Space Alliance put these out then.

PXL-20200911-212306081.jpg

In Chicago for a trade show. Watching news at the hotel as I preparing for the day, which never happened. Called a couple associates as I watched the news that none of us could believe. Elected to go the McCormick Center anyway although after finding out all air travel was canceled the weeklong show basically cancelled itself. Of course McCormick, due to its size and the then Sears Tower were quickly evacuated. Luckily we had rented a van for transportation and commandeered the van for travel back KC. Remember it like it was yesterday. 

You cannot possibly equate the two.  Innocents on US soil, and those who knew the danger on foreign soil.  It's nice that all of a sudden you now believe what your government tells you.

Report for the Members of the Republican Conference...

lol, yeah.  Keep drinking.  I'm not for any party, so it is easy to see sewage rising to the top.

18 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

You cannot possibly equate the two.  Innocents on US soil, and those who knew the danger on foreign soil.  It's nice that all of a sudden you now believe what your government tells you.

Report for the Members of the Republican Conference...

lol, yeah.  Keep drinking.  I'm not for any party, so it is easy to see sewage rising to the top.

Not equating anything other than they both merit remembrance. They are both American tragedies at the hands of terrorists and both occurred on 9/11. You’re correct they are substantially and factually quite different. But they do both merit remembrances in all their individual regards.