Lest we forget

EmilC

Just now, Bosco-d-gama said:

Not equating anything other than they both merit remembrance. They are both American tragedies at the hands of terrorists and both occurred on 9/11. You’re correct they are substantially and factually quite different. But they do both merit remembrances in all their individual regards.

I agree.  The thread was about the one not the other, though.

A friend from college was headed to NJ from Brooklyn after dropping off her son at school.  Her husband and son were able to calculate where she was driving at the critical moment. 

She reports being just at WTC and there was a terrific explosion and a landing gear boggie crashed a few feet from her van.  She threw open the doors of the van and shouted, "Is anyone going to Brooklyn?  People piled in.

It took about 8 hours to get back to Brooklyn.  Her husband and son didn't know if she was okay until she got home.

I think she deserves a medal for evacuating survivors.  There are doubtlessly many similar stories.  God bless all these people. 

WMcD

• Like 3

Terrible day.  Saw the 2nd tower get hit, watched both of them collapse. Helped out for awhile at the Brooklyn Red Cross. Got back to DC only to find out one of my neighbors was on the plane that crashed into the Pentagon.  Went back to New York two weeks later and ended up attending several prayer meetings and funerals for the fallen.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1