12V Trigger......

pezdude

ok. This is kinda related to klipsch, kinda not. I've been having a problem with my RP3's talking at 5 in the morning. They are picking up some guys CB transmission.

I went out and bought a Panamax 5100 line conditioner, which has 2 switched outlets. They are triggered via a 12V DC trigger.

I have a Yamaha VRX800 receiver that I would like to have turn on the line conditioner, and then the RP3s via the 12V DC trigger but.... the Yamaha receiver doesn't have a trigger out connection.

I have heard that you can buy a 12V power supply, plug it into the back of your receivers outlets, and have that be the trigger. I can't find any good info on the subject, or where to buy such a device.

Any help from the seasoned pro's would be greatly appricated.

Thanks,

Dave3.gif

You're kidding right? I've never had a shielding problem with my RP-3s. Seems to me you need some power to make any speaker talk on it own. Is the interference coming in through the power cord of the RP-3's (unlikely - and if it is coming through anything but the subwoofer, extremely unlikely), or is the Yamaha receiver not really turned off, just on standby?

I don't mean to sound rude, I just can't fathom this idea that a radio signal could make sound eminate from a speaker without some kind of power leaking to it, or a source of radio transmission so close that the power is actually arcing to the speaker.

Any CB broadcast that causes the speaker to talk on its own would indeed be something worth witnessing. I would think that there would be a few other visible traces of this powerful radio signal. Like eggs cooking themselves while sitting on the counter, something like that.

If it is indeed a CB broadcast, I'd bet the FCC would be interested.

Nope, not kidding.

The problem happens nightly, and is comming from the power amp inside the RP3s. My receiver is off, tv - off, everything is off. The RP3's are in standby mode, and pick up this guy talking over either a CB or Ham radio.

I bought the line conditioner not to solve the problem, but to only switch the RP3s on while the receiver is on - so I don't have this guy talking to me at 5 in the morning.

I found the solution to my trigger problem at radioshack. Got a 12V DC power supply and a 1/8 inch miniplug adapter to do the triggering for the 5100.

I'm trying to track him down, but haven't been successful yet.

Thanks for your opinions. :-)

Just a note I forgot.... I have a pair of powered Sony Sava7 computer speakers hooked up to my computer. They also do the same thing, but only when the power is turned on and there is no signal going to them from the computer.

very strange and disturbing....6.gif