After Market?

Klipsch Wife

I recently lost my husband who was an AVID Klipsch fan and has many sets of speakers in the house.  As I downsize I will need to liquidate them and I don't know the value of the speakers, the resale-ability or desirability of the speakers.  Before I just put them on eBay and hope for the best for Facebook Marketplace, I thought I would check out this forum.  I'm not sure where to begin.  There are several sets of shelf type speakers, a center speaker, a set of Cornwalls and other smaller items.  Are there serial numbers or model names on this speakers?  

Thanks for any help this forum can provide.   

• Moderators

First, my condolences for your loss. Secondly, although you might think it unusual, it is not uncommon for audio aficionados who like Klipsch speakers to own several pairs. 

We can help you determine fair pricing, we also have a "Garage Sale" section where you can eventually list them.

First, I would suggest you get a list together of the speakers. Generally, every Klipsch Speaker has a label on the back that is going to list the model name or number. Photos of those are fine. 

Eventually you will needs multiple photos of the speakers to give you a better idea on value, etc. 

So if you can start with a basic list, there would be several people here that can help you.

Travis

Yes, condolences for the loss of your husband.

All above advice is solid and we will help you determine a fair market value for your husband's cherished speakers.  Maybe a respected and unbiased with nothing but good intentions forum member who is local to you will humbly assist you with this endeavor.  There are many folks in this community that are capable of helping with no ill intent or personal gain and do abide by the scripture' "to look after orphans and widows in their distress".

I personally would put Ebay and craigslist at he bottom of the list for liquidating.  This forum's "Garage Sale" should yield you the best results.

Bill

• Like 1

My condolences also.  Where are you located?  Perhaps a local to you forum member could offer hands-on assistance.  Local markets and shipping issues are important.

This is a good place to start, but not necessarily the best place to sell them.  Strangers to the forum incorrectly assume that an affinity to Klipsch among the members translates to high demand and high sale prices.  IMO, forum members, although knowledgeable about value, are always looking for bargains.  It appears to me that higher sale prices can often be attained through Craigslist, eBay, etc.  

Most of the Forum members are honorable, but not all.  You should be cautious.  Be skeptical, even of me, a complete stranger.  I’d be happy to discuss this with you further.  Feel free to send a PM (Private Message).

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, DizRotus said:

Most of the Forum members are honorable, but not all.  You should be cautious.  Be skeptical, even of me, a complete stranger.  

Very true advice here.  There are always some bad apples in the bunch.

12 minutes ago, DizRotus said:

This is a good place to start, but not necessarily the best place to sell them.

Also true but the "network" this forum provides is wide reaching and well connected.  Just sift through all advice when given and make your decisions sound.

Bill

• Like 2

My heartfelt sympathy for your loss.  It is not easy to go on, but we do. 

We will happily help.  As noted, give us a list of the speakers or pics of the tags on the backs.  They will have a model name like KB-WO and a serial number like 17W231.  One of our members maintains a spreadsheet of selling prices that will be big help. 

• Like 1