Introduction Brand New Marantz Amp Model 30 & SACD Model 30n

MicroMara

Like many of yours, I am a fan boy of the brand Marantz. For over 45 years I have had a passionate relationship with these components. The Marantz models, also or especially the Vinatge components, are not only characterized by their graceful optics but also by their outstanding technical innovations.  The spirit of Saul Marantz lives on.  This is still valid today.

The new Amp Model 30 & new SACDP Model 30n

Marantz is doing something fundamental: With the MODEL 30 integrated amplifier - a reminiscence of the first Marantz integrated amplifier Model 30 from 1970 - and the SACD 30n CD/SACD player or streamer, the manufacturer is launching a new product line which is entering new dimensions not only in terms of technology but also in terms of design.

Marantz Model 30 und SACD 30n: Neue High-End-Komponenten, neues Design,  neues Image - HIFI.DE

Neu: Marantz Vollverstärker MODEL 30 und Netzwerk-SACD-Player SACD 30n ›  HiFi-IFAs, Der Blog: Test Magazin für Audio, Stereo & High End

Marantz MODEL 30 / SACD 30n mit neuem Markenauftritt | MODERNHIFI

Connectivity at the top of its class: the connector panel of the Marantz SACD 30n SACD/CD player/streamer

Vollverstärker MODEL 30 und Netzwerk-SACD-Player SACD 30n von Marantz

The rear section of the amplifier Marantz MODEL 30 - analog is the key.

It took the Japanese more than three years, the press release says, to develop and fine-tune these two products until they were finally ready to see the light of day. The design and form language was inspired by the style-defining elements of famous Marantz components from the 1950s, 60s and 70s, but also with a view to the present and future.

The separable integrated amplifier Marantz MODEL 30 concentrates entirely on analog worlds: Five analog high-level inputs and a phono input are provided, on the output side there is a fixed level output and a pair of robust speaker terminals.

marantz-model-30-combo-innen-phonoboard.jpg

The phono stage Model 30

Pre- and final stage reside on separate boards with separate power supplies, the pre- and final stage is assigned its own toroidal transformer. The power amplification is provided by an energy-efficient and current potent switching amplifier whose output signal - unlike many other Class D solutions - is not influenced by the loudspeaker impedance in the frequency response, promises Marantz. The phono preamplifier, which accepts MM and MC signals, is also located on a separate board section. Three different input impedances (33/100/390 Ω) can be switched for MC signals.

On the other hand, if you like digital bits & bites, the Marantz SACD 30n is a real multi-functional talent. It is a combination of CD/SACD/DVD-ROM player, pre-DAC, streamer and dedicated headphone amplifier (three gain levels selectable). It is a matter of honor that the transport mechanism is a completely proprietary development of the Marantz company. In addition to WLAN and LAN connectivity, there are four digital inputs (USB-B, coaxial, 2 x optical), plus one coaxial and one optical digital output each. The analog signals can be tapped via two pairs of cinch connectors, both with line level and volume control.

marantz-model-30-combo-innen-analogboard-sacd.jpg

In the SACD 30n, Marantz also relies on a modular concept: the analog section in the picture

Marantz takes a special approach to D/A converter: a circuit developed in-house first converts incoming PCM signals to DSD format (11.2 MHz), which enables superior filtering (keyword: pre- and post-ringing) compared to conventional oversampling solutions. There are two separate clock sections for the 44.1 and 48 kHz multiples of the PCM signals. Instead of a conventional DAC, the subsequent circuit stage contains a Marantz patented MMM converter (Marantz Musical Mastering), which finally converts the incoming "single bit pulse stream", which already resembles an analog signal, into an analog output signal.

Supported in streaming mode are WAV and FLAC files up to 24 bit/192 kHz, DSD 5.6 as well as ALAC and MP3. The streaming is based on the well-known in-house HEOS system (HEOS Built-in), which on the one hand allows numerous multi-room functionalities or connectivity with wireless speakers and Bluetooth, and on the other hand also allows the use of voice-based services (Amazon Alexa & Co.) or streaming services such as Tidal or Amazon Music HD.

Price for each component  € 3.000 valid in the eu market

Pictures under copyright of fair audio magazin germany .Translation of original text  by MicroMara

• Thanks 1

Looked great and found the amp for 2,500.00. But read the specs, Class D. 
  I am sure it works great, but I want Class A/B. Old fashioned.
  The other thing is the posted pictures do not match exactly the ones on The Marantz website. The units look normal. The pictures here look chunkier, the height and width ratio is changed. 
  The list of products I want keeps growing. But not this one. 

• Thanks 1

• Moderators
1 hour ago, MicroMara said:

The spirit of Soul Marantz lives on. 

I believe it is Saul, yes his spirit does live on, just like PWK. PWK and Saul were buds and PWK really liked one of his Amp designs back in the day. As a matter of fact, one of Paul's Marantz amps is in the Klipsch Museum of Audio History.

• Thanks 1

• Moderators
12 minutes ago, MicroMara said:

@dwilawyer..Thanx, I have just corrected it ....Do you have a pic from the mentioned amp ?

I do not, but I know other Forum members have snapped a photo or two of that Amp.

@seti do you have a photo of it? Is that one you are restoring?

Travis

• Moderators
14 minutes ago, MicroMara said:

@dwilawyer..Thanx, I have just corrected it ....Do you have a pic from the mentioned amp ?

Is that from an audio magazine or a Marantz press release? If so, can you link to it or reference it so we don't run afoul of any copyright issue, or give proper attribution. If you did write that would you be on our Communications Committee of the Klipsch Museum of Audio history? We could sure use your writing talent.

Travis

46 minutes ago, dwilawyer said:

Is that from an audio magazine or a Marantz press release? If so, can you link to it or reference it so we don't run afoul of any copyright issue, or give proper attribution. If you did write that would you be on our Communications Committee of the Klipsch Museum of Audio history? We could sure use your writing talent.

Travis

I have added a note regarding the copyright of the pictures and the original text. Can you explain your proposal a little bit closer via pm to me ? Thanx .....

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, MicroMara said:

I have added a note regarding the copyright of the pictures and the original text. Can you explain your proposal a little bit closer via pm to me ? Thanx .....

thank you!

The Museum needs writers, we are all volunteer non-profit and it is very difficult to keep up with news at the Museum, and we love any and all with a gift for writing.

Klipschmuseum.org

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, dwilawyer said:

thank you!

The Museum needs writers, we are all volunteer non-profit and it is very difficult to keep up with news at the Museum, and we love any and all with a gift for writing.

Klipschmuseum.org

I have only just looked at the site, find it very interesting, very beautiful and honorable. Yes writing is also a passion of mine. Before I can decide, please tell me what the concrete tasks are and how much weekly time would be necessary.

3 hours ago, henry4841 said:

The wave of the future. Class A myself, at least most of the time but all of them A, AB and D can be made to sound really good. Class D has made tremendous improvements in the last decade.   

The Hypex modules used are first rate. I am sure the Marantz engineers are wringing excellent results from them. 

Still have one or two Marantz SACD players in the attic. Still a fanboy. But the Marantz integrated I want is several times the cost of this one. And the disc player would go straight to the attic. Do not play the silver discs. Only copy the files.

The Model 30 Integrated Amplifier uses a SOTA Hypex Class D module, the same one used in their PM 10 but in this case, it's just 1 module per channel instead of two bridged modules from the more expensive PM-10 which has the  double output power  2 x 200 WPC / ( 8 Ohm )