Is there a 7.2 processor out there with all the bells and whistles?

D Jenson

I will not need more than a 7.2 processor.  I have a 6'11"  ceiling.  I have noticed prices go way up with more channels.  I have been looking around and found a couple of close candidates.  I will be using the processor for HT and 2 channel use.  Pass through and XLR outputs for mains are 2 items I am looking for.  I just picked up a Sony Bravia  X950H 65" tv.  I would like to take advantage of the 4k features.  Picture upgrades  take place with Dolby Atmos and DTS-X.  I believe IMAX capabilities require DTS-X.  I am not sure when new models are coming out for the major players.  Marantz and Denon just announced new products.  Any new information would help.

I found reviews for the MX170 and the MX123 at Home Theater Review.  The MX123 would work better with the rest of my gear.  I like them both...a lot!  The MX123 has 2 fewer channels and other "reductions".  Price decrease for fewer channels $7K.  That is what I am finding, more channels moves the price up quickly.  I have found a number of product lines that move from 11.1 down to 5.1.  I am looking for someone that loads up a 7 or 9 channel processor.  The price reduction for 4-8 fewer channels seems to be > 50% of total cost.  I could use the savings for tri-amping.  Yes I am getting a little greedy.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

yup only1.  I took it home tried to setup the ARC room correction SW and failed.  HiFi Sound sent out their tech guy and he together with Anthem support couldn't fix the issue.  Sooo...they are sending me a new one.  Still waiting on that.  Maybe you could get the one I returned, I know they have that one!

New unit is coming from Anthem.  I was in on the phone call with the Anthem rep.  The Anthem people tried everything to fix the issue.  Once they concluded they could notify it, the rep said they would send me a new unit.  I was impressed with the matter of fact approach and quick decision.  I like the Anthem Support.