SOLD--EMOTIVA RPA-2 STEREO AMPLIFIER

cgolf70

It is a strange market sometimes. Is the RPA-2 an older version of the original XPA-2 Gen 1? I recently saw a XPA-2 Gen 2 (highly regarded Emo amp) for sale for $400 in Ohio. That's a steal. And I've seen that same amp sell for more than it cost new! Crazy indeed. @teaman is our Emotiva guru, maybe he will chime in.

• Like 1

If I were in the market, that RPA-2 would definitely be on my radar. I alerted a buddy to one for sale about eighteen months ago, and he ended up grabbing it. He only paid $350 shipped for his in mint condition, which was a steal.

I have an extra XPA-2 Gen 1 sitting idle right now, but don’t want to part with it. I haven’t paid over $450 for any of my used XPA 2 or 5 outside of the Gen 2 XPA 3 I bought new from Emotiva with my E-Club pricing which cost me $579.

The prices really are all over the board with them, and it ends up being supply and demand when one is looking.

The meters on the RPA amps were such a cool touch that I’m surprised there isn’t more interest just due to those. Covid might also be a contributing factor since many are still in limbo and out of work.

Hopefully you find a buyer soon CGolf, what have you moved on to now? I think I saw you selling off several of your Klipsch speakers as well. I’d love to know what you replaced everything with

Tim

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We are moving and downsizing so I'm selling off most of my theater equipment.  Keeping a UPA-200, a pair of RPM-600 and a Denon receiver.  Selling two more pair of Klipsch-RP-150M and RB-62ii and a projector, OPPO DVD player and a 2 channel Sony receiver.  No where to put them and really not much time to enjoy them with all of our new challenges and opportunities with the move.

• Like 2

On 9/13/2020 at 4:45 PM, cgolf70 said:

The used market is really weird!!  I thought this amp would sell quickly with multiple offers, yet I haven't had one offer here or on Emotiva.  Other pieces that I wasn't even sure would sell, have sold fast.  Go figure!!  🙂

Tell me about it.  I have two UPA-2 amps for sale and nothing. 

21 hours ago, cgolf70 said:

We are moving and downsizing so I'm selling off most of my theater equipment.  Keeping a UPA-200, a pair of RPM-600 and a Denon receiver.  Selling two more pair of Klipsch-RP-150M and RB-62ii and a projector, OPPO DVD player and a 2 channel Sony receiver.  No where to put them and really not much time to enjoy them with all of our new challenges and opportunities with the move.

4 hours ago, codewritinfool said:

Weird!!  

6 hours ago, codewritinfool said:

The only thing I can think of is pricing. I bought my UPA-2's from Emotiva's Ebay store jadedesign for $200 shipped with a year of warranty. Not knocking your price, you aren't likely to find better amps for the money. I still own a pair of UPA-1's and they are some of the nicest monoblocks, probably the best for the money. They sound much better than the similarly priced Outlaw M2200 and M200...which I have also owned.

Same goes for the RPA-2. Gorgeous amp, with meters that I wish they would have stuck with...and dual power supplies. Not going to touch that either for $500 or less

Tim

I’m looking for one.  I just traded for an amazing set of PSB Stratus Gold speakers that were just updated by PSB. 

I need a 200 watt per channel amp.

i was going to get an Adcom 555, but these look sharp.  

I can pay a fair price.  I’m in Winthrop, Maine 04364.

PM me please.