Fortes in a small room?

mcp

I am considering a pair of locally available Fortes, but the room they would be going in is only 11 x 13. Ideally, I would like to place them about 18” out from the corners on the shorter wall. Do you think this will work or should I be looking for Heresies?

• Like 1

i'm sure the more knowledgeable  and long time members will chime in as well but I figured I can actually contribute to this due to my room size.

I did run my Forte 1's in an 11x11 room with no issues.  In fact now I have upgraded and run Epic cf3's in the same room and they are great as well.

With the fortes you'll want to experiment with placement. try close in to the corners , try further out. Try just out from the walls - You will get different bass response. see which sounds better to you.  I've found in my square room that running 'normal' speakers diagonally across the room produced the best bass - but with the forte's i liked them instead parallel to the walls due to the radiator.  Now that I am using the Epics - I am back to diagonal as they sound better this way - in my room.

Since we're empty nesters now I was thinking of doing the same thing with my daughter's old bedroom which is about the same size as yours.
Only I'd be using KLF-30's......

KLF-30's are pushing it but I'd think Forte's would be doable? Curious to hear how it works out for you. I won't be doing mine til about January.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

Hi @mcp

I got my Forte IIIs right when they came out and had them in a 12 x 12 room with a full sized slab of a latex bed on the same wall. Messed with the placement a lot it was 6 or 8 inches from the side walls and about a foot from the back. with the wattage going into them or not... they were great in there.

You're room's acoustic qualities will make it different just as every room is different!

Now in a larger room the sound is better to me in all aspects, they aren't as loud in the Living room but they will impress in a small room.