Klipsch KG4 vs RP floorstanding series

Msuwendy

Hi 

I know its been discussed loads of time regarding this speaker, it got 1xtweeter 2x10inch driver and 1x12inch passive driver

Question is how does the bass works? Will it be aggresive or laid back like the heresy 4

At first im planning to buy the RP8000F cause of the powerfull bass response from RP600M, but the KG4 have similar or even better parts, just wondering will it have that kick, RP8000F is way more expensive and i know its unfair to compare this speaker cause by size its different 

18 hours ago, Msuwendy said:

Question is how does the bass works? Will it be aggresive or laid back like the heresy 4

I have Heresy 1s and 2s and laid back bass is not a way I would describe them.  Also never heard 3s or 4s described that way either.  Low bass extension lacking, yes but midbass punch is there in spades, IMO.

18 hours ago, Msuwendy said:

At first im planning to buy the RP8000F cause of the powerfull bass response from RP600M, but the KG4 have similar or even better parts, just wondering will it have that kick, RP8000F is way more expensive and i know its unfair to compare this speaker cause by size its different 

I owned KG4s quite a while back and was somewhat impressed until I got a pair of Fortes.  Quickly sold the KG4s to fund more gear and other speakers.  Acquired RF-63s before the Fortes and they now stand in my house as the most balanced pair of speakers I have ever owned.  Fast punchy bass, sweet accurate mids, and crispy detailed highs.  My guess is that the RP8000Fs just might be described in the same way as my 63s.  Many great reviews in web land.

Bill

• Like 1

10 hours ago, willland said:

I have Heresy 1s and 2s and laid back bass is not a way I would describe them.  Also never heard 3s or 4s described that way either.  Low bass extension lacking, yes but midbass punch is there in spades, IMO.

I owned KG4s quite a while back and was somewhat impressed until I got a pair of Fortes.  Quickly sold them to fund more gear and other speakers.  Acquired RF-63s before the Fortes and they now stand in my house as the most balanced pair of speakers I have ever owned.  Fast punchy bass, sweet accurate mids, and crispy detailed highs.  My guess is that the RP8000Fs just might be described in the same way as my 63s.  Many great reviews in web land.

Bill

Yes sorry i would say the low bass is lacking and the bass punch is different

Your explanation answer my curiosity, i have chorus 2 and even with the 15 inch it got soo low but the punch is different, and yesh i need fast punchy bass (RP600M bookshelf have that punch) so i would assume the RP8000F or RF7 III will deliver even bigger punch

15 hours ago, willland said:

Quickly sold the KG4s to fund more gear and other speakers

4 hours ago, Msuwendy said:

Your explanation answer my curiosity, i have chorus 2 and even with the 15 inch it got soo low but the punch is different,

I wanted to specify that I quickly sold the KG4s and not the Fortes.  The Fortes hung around much longer than the KG4s and were not sold until a few years later after I acquired a minty pair of oak oil Quartets.  The Fortes were very balanced with great punch and attack.

Bill

On 9/12/2020 at 11:27 AM, Msuwendy said:

Hi 

I know its been discussed loads of time regarding this speaker, it got 1xtweeter 2x10inch driver and 1x12inch passive driver

just to clarify, the KG4 do not have 10" wooofers,  pretty sure they are 8".

• Like 1

On 9/13/2020 at 5:42 PM, willland said:

I wanted to specify that I quickly sold the KG4s and not the Fortes.  The Fortes hung around much longer than the KG4s and were not sold until a few years later after I acquired a minty pair of oak oil Quartets.  The Fortes were very balanced with great punch and attack.

Bill

Yesh currently own chorus 2 so i might hold off in buying this speaker maybe wait for KG5.2

On 9/17/2020 at 1:01 AM, EpicKlipschFan said:

just to clarify, the KG4 do not have 10" wooofers,  pretty sure they are 8".

Yesh im sorry youre right, its double 8 and 12 passive, thanks

• Like 1