Jump to content
The Klipsch Audio Community
Msuwendy

Klipsch SPL150 sub to integrated amp pre-out

Recommended Posts

Hi everyone

 

I need help, the subwoofer is very quiet when we plugged it in the pre out section of a tube integrated amp, the vol is at 75% and still very quiet, we connect it with RCA cable pre out (black and red) to sub input

 

Another thing that we realize when we off the amp, the sub seems to act weird like there is a signal sending out from the amp to sub in high freq for 5 times then its gone

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Msuwendy said:

I need help, the subwoofer is very quiet when we plugged it in the pre out section of a tube integrated amp, the vol is at 75% and still very quiet, we connect it with RCA cable pre out (black and red) to sub input

Maybe a voltage sensitivity matching issue between the integrated amp's preouts and the subwoofer's input.

 

Bill

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, willland said:

Maybe a voltage sensitivity matching issue between the integrated amp's preouts and the subwoofer's input.

 

Bill

Hi Bill

 

Is there anyway to improve it? And yes after long play i hate how it shuts down, might just return the amp

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Msuwendy said:

Hi Bill

 

Is there anyway to improve it? And yes after long play i hate how it shuts down, might just return the amp

Not really sure but others might know.

This should explain some.

https://www.audioholics.com/audio-amplifier/amplifier-voltage-gain

 

DC offset could explain the low volume levels and shutdown.

 

Bill

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...