Gentleman start your engines! Look at THIS!

edzu1234

With eBay it’s nothing until the end, which is more than three days away.  There is NO reason to “bid” on eBay until the last few seconds.  Not truly an auction, eBay is more like a silent auction.  Serious “bidders” use a bid sniping service to place their maximum bid in the final five seconds.  The winning bid is often a multiple of the high bid with 5 seconds remaining.

• Like 3

At times, fewer and fewer these days, I put in a bid for what I am willing to spend, then dont look at the add again. If I get it fine, if not, it was worth more to someone else than it was to me. They send an "outbid" notice and I just say darn! 

I used to check in for the last few minutes and get sucked into upping my bid.

That shipped sailed.

• Like 3

On 9/13/2020 at 5:16 PM, MookieStl said:

I used to check in for the last few minutes and get sucked into upping my bid.

That shipped sailed.

That’s another benefit of sniped bids.  I put in what it’s worth to me,  the sniping service, with 5 seconds remaining, uses just enough of my max bid to outbid the high bid.  As you say, if someone values it more than I do, I get an “outbid notice.”  All that can happen at 3:00AM, while I’m fast asleep.

Using sniped bids, I avoid the temptation to increase my max bid during the last minute bidding frenzy, and I get my much needed beauty sleep.

• Like 3

Realizing that purchase price is an individual idea based on funds, wants and needs but what would this typically sell for?  I mean I could make a road trip from Texas and put them in storage until I decided to really P.O. the neighbors and think I would if a bid of one G could win but that's just me sitting and no thinking.

My current goal is to sell current / buy house that would support those big 402 Jubs in the next 3-4 months

I gave up on Ebay bidding even with bid snipping.  One time and one time only have I won a bid that I benefited from.  Most of the time it was buy it now.  That one time I won was with my 79 Cornwalls that I still own today.  Luckily they were local, the description read Klipsch speakers with blown twitters. I offered him $650.00 to cancel auction, he declined and I ended up winning them for around $575.00. 

• Like 6