Can anyone identify these Klipsch 15 woofers

Pete H

Getting ready to sell some drivers and can't identify these particular Klipsch 15" cast woofers and the labels came off a long time ago.  I've done some searches, but can't seem to find anything that clearly shows what it is.  Any assistance would be appreciated.

Frame and connector.jpg

Front of speaker.jpg

Rear of speaker.jpg

30 minutes ago, Pete H said:

Here's a picture of a set of K48K's next to them.  The K48K's are on the right.

K48K next to other Klipsch 15s.jpg

The ones on the right are k-48-kp pro versions of the k-48-k with ribbed and coated baskets, vented voice-coils and screw down binding posts all designed for extreme / rough use. I've seen the k-48-kp both in 4ohm and 8 ohm versions.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CECAA850 said:

Maybe check them with an Ohm meter to help narrow the search.

Yes, will do.

1 hour ago, jjptkd said:

The ones on the right are k-48-kp pro versions of the k-48-k with ribbed and coated baskets, vented voice-coils and screw down binding posts all designed for extreme / rough use. I've seen the k-48-kp both in 4ohm and 8 ohm versions.

I'm going to check them both and probably run it through DATS to get some numbers on them.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Pete H said:

Yes, will do.

I'm going to check them both and probably run it through DATS to get some numbers on them.  

Hey Pete!

As you know, I have a Ton of old KP-600 gear.

What you may not know is that besides the KP-600's and all my TSCM's, I also used to have A bunch of MCM-1900 stuff. I had five MWM doubles and four MWM singles along with a ton of other MCM-1900 pieces. I also had a pair of KP-480's among others. I also used to have like 43 separate spare 15 inch Klipsch drivers. Your 15 inch drivers in question do look to me like the K-48 drivers from my KP-480's Bass Bins to me. Those speakers were pristine and 100% untouched. One thing I have learned from the KP-600's is that the early KP-600's had a split pair off K-60 drivers that were replaced in newer KP-600's with a single K-432 driver for greater power handling. Also, the earlier KP-600's had flat magnet K-46 drivers like your drivers in question, where as newer KP-600's have the improved "Bump Back" K-46 which allows for more former excursion and better power handling. Not saying what I am going to say next is so but, I suspect your drivers in Question may be earlier versions of the K-48 ???

Rog

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Marvel said:

Aren't the K-43 woofers cast frames as well? Looks like the ones in my MWMs.

K-43E's came in MWM's with cast frames and steel frames in Pro La Scalas but, the ones I have seen don't have the ribbed cones plus they have extra ribs cast into the supports between the part of the frame that supports the magnet and the part of the frame that suports the drivers surround.

Roger

• Like 1

5 hours ago, twistedcrankcammer said:
5 hours ago, Marvel said:

Aren't the K-43 woofers cast frames as well? Looks like the ones in my MWMs.

K-43E's came in MWM's with cast frames and steel frames in Pro La Scalas but, the ones I have seen don't have the ribbed cones plus they have extra ribs cast into the supports between the part of the frame that supports the magnet and the part of the frame that suports the drivers surround.

Roger

The KP-43Es that are in my MWM bins are vented, but don't have the extra ribs on the spokes.

I had to pull a front off to see. I couldn't remember.

20200914_213814.jpg

20200914_213757.jpg

• Like 1

On 9/14/2020 at 9:54 PM, Marvel said:

The KP-43Es that are in my MWM bins are vented, but don't have the extra ribs on the spokes.

I had to pull a front off to see. I couldn't remember.

the K43E cast frame woofer , sure looks very different from a K43 steel basket ---could the K43E cast handle more power than a K43 steel basket woofer

K-43.jpg.08bf4848df57267f174a15a9b8dcea97.jpg

I would have to call Klipsch to find out the power handling of the two. My MWM cabinets, while not new, appear to be newer than a lot of the MWM bins people have posted pictures of on here. The KP43Es in my cabinets look very similar to the Eminence Legend CB158  (an 8 ohm CB15). At least the frame and back plate with the venting.