Ncore vs. Pascal sound quality

diamonddelts

Resale is always driven by what the buyer is willing to pay. The low cost models like VTV usually hold resale better. If it drops 500.00 in a year that is a lot. If a 3,000.00 amplifier drops 500.00 it is peanuts. 

The VTV build quality may have ramped up recently. They seemed to be at the bottom. But are put together here in the USA. Cheap price and US assembly usually do not go together.

The Hypex modules measure better than Pascal modules. But at least one manufacturer uses the Pascal in a really expensive integrated because they feel the output filter can be less complex. Which they feel sounds better.

All Class D amplifiers have a filter on the output to remove the high frequency artifacts. Most of the published measurements are made with an additional bandwidth limiting filter to ignore leakage past the output filter.

But no one listens with the filter that is used for measurements. 

One hard fact is there are a lot more products using Hypex, Ncore, and iPurifi modules. I guess that means they are better.

I wanted a VTV iPurifi and a Pascal amp. Cheap and USA built.

Also wanted;

Benchmark AHB2

MacIntosh 462

Orchard Audio BOSC

Denafrips Hyperion

This week added the Lyngdorf TDAI-1120 to the list. 

On 9/13/2020 at 10:06 PM, diamonddelts said:

Which design is superior for  mid-range and high frequency reproduction. High fidelity Music is my priority. I'm ready to purchase either the D Sonic M3 1500 monoblocks or the VTV NC2000 monoblocks. Need help since this will be a long-term purchase for me.

If you have an opportunity I’d give a listen to a high quality chip amp before you funnel your choice to nCore or Pascal. Or B&O Ice for that matter. I have not owned any Pascal designs but own Hypex nCore monoblocks (twice) and have owned Wyred4Sound mAmps using the B&O Ice technology. I also have a 3875 chip amp that leaves me hard pressed to say one stands head and shoulders over the others. The 3875 sounds fantastic, quiet as hell, cool running 24/7. Listening to it as I type. 
However, several of the Pass First Watt Class A amps seem to have better top end extension than all the above. Ditto for single ended triode tube amps. The trade off is heat and power consumption - if that concerns you - .

5 minutes ago, richieb said:

If you have an opportunity I’d give a listen to a high quality chip amp before you funnel your choice to nCore or Pascal. Or B&O Ice for that matter. I have not owned any Pascal designs but own Hypex nCore monoblocks (twice) and have owned Wyred4Sound mAmps using the B&O Ice technology. I also have a 3875 chip amp that leaves me hard pressed to say one stands head and shoulders over the others. The 3875 sounds fantastic, quiet as hell, cool running 24/7. Listening to it as I type. 
However, several of the Pass First Watt Class A amps seem to have better top end extension than all the above. Ditto for single ended triode tube amps. The trade off is heat and power consumption - if that concerns you - .

Hows the bottom end on those chip amps?  My experience is that they'll get loud with a good upper end but lacking down low.

7 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

Hows the bottom end on those chip amps?  My experience is that they'll get loud with a good upper end but lacking down low.

I’d say the equal of a similarly powered AB amp. Although it’s been some time that a class AB has been in the main rig. And I’m sure you’ll point out my fading memory? Seriously, all I listen with on Jubes and LS is the First Watt amp, twenty watt single ended tubes and nCore.

I can’t remember when I’ve used a “standard” amp. 

Close as I can garner from various sources and asking question etc.... the Jube bass bin is 8 ohms so it is only capable delivering 150W and that's at 10%(!!!!!) THD. But its OK cuz at 10W you can't stay in the room without ear plugs.

Note to self: Bring ear plugs to SWAG:)

EDIT to clarify for anyone randomly reading this ....the 150W I'm talking about is my amp, not the Jubilee bass bin.

Im going by the spec sheet for the Klipsch 535 Jubilee which I own. I guess what I'm not understanding is what is the max RMS power that the upper horns and Jube bass bins can take all together at 4 ohms?

It appears that the recommended power listed is 1250 Watts at 4 Ohms on the spec sheet. But near the bottom of the spec sheet the power handling for the bass bins and upper horns is ranging from 600 watts to 2400 watts peak.

The spec sheet is listed under the 535-B Jubilee

https://www.klipsch.com/pro/cinema/behind-the-screen/3-way

Going by the most recent reviews online, the Purifi 1ET400A has the highest rated reviews for sound quality. I want a bit more power than 400 watts per Channel at 4ohms. So it appears I'll be going with VTV to build me two monoblocks. Each with two Purifi 1ET400A modules wired together to get me to 800 watts per channel at 4 ohms.

Any advice on what input buffer to go with for best sound quality and gain?