Components/Speakers to go with RF 35s for 5.1 System

Sanman5272

8 hours ago, Sanman5272 said:

Thanks!  Would that be RC-62 or RC 62 II?  And any advice on a receiver that works with that setup?

Either would be just fine.

8 hours ago, Sanman5272 said:

And any advice on a receiver that works with that setup?

What's your budget?  I would get at minimum an upper midlevel AVR that also has stereo preouts or even better multichannel preouts.

Bill

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Ok.  I got an Denon X1600H Receiver and the RC 62 II center channel.  I ended up going with R-51M bookshelf speakers for my side surround speakers (Best Buy did an In Home Assessment and recommended them along with the AVR - probably because that was what they had in stock), but everything sounds great.  Now I have to make the argument to my wife why we need a subwoofer - she thinks the RF-35's are already rumbling the room.  Any suggestion on the subwoofer (and what I should tell my wife? lol)   Thanks! 

On 9/16/2020 at 10:53 AM, Sanman5272 said:

Would that be RC-62 or RC 62 II? 

They are virtually identical.  The RC-62 has a triangular grill and the 62 II grill is round.

I have the RC-62 and it is no joke.  It weighs more than my modern RP-600M.  Highly recommended.

Edit:  I saw where you got the RS-52's.  They will be fine.  Side surrounds don't usually produce much content, birds chirping, people clapping, the occasional sound of gunshots and explosions in the background, that sort of thing.

2 hours ago, Sanman5272 said:

Just north of Charlotte, NC.  Any recommendation on the Subwoofer to go with what I have now?  

Front: RF-35s

Center: RC 62 II

Surround: R51-Ms

What kind of $$$ do you plan on spending?

Couldn't find much used locally to you on the usual sites.

Bill

Unfortunately, not much.  My wife thinks the RF-35s are bass enough so I think a 15" subwoofer is out.  My loft is only 144 sq ft (12 x 12) so maybe a Klipsch 10" subwoofer like Klipsch Reference R-10SW 10" 300w Powered Subwoofer?  Will that be a noticeable difference than having no subwoofer and just RF35s?  It's only $219 on Amazon with 5 stars and 998 ratings.

Edited by Sanman5272

• 2 weeks later...

The sub will make a difference but it will definitely rumble even more..you can adjust the levels on it of course. I've had RF-82s and the RF-7 IIs as just standalone speakers which had really good bass but a 10" sub definitely added more ooomph for movies. It helped music too but I noticed the biggest change with movies. I would try the 10" sub and see if you like it.