Klipsch speakers for 10 x 20 x 8 room & tubes

Downhome Upstate

I apologize if this has been treated (extensively?) elsewhere.

My experience with Klipsch speakers is limited to an old pair of Heresy's a million years ago, and the distressed but wonderful sounding Belles w/ALK original universal xover that I loved with  MC 30's.

New digs, basement music room: 10 x 20 x 8. New electronics: modern tube pre + old school EL34 amp.

What Klipsch speakers now? CW, Forte, Chorus?

Please let me have your thoughts and suggestions.  Thanks in advance.

Mike

Assuming you're placing the speakers against the narrow wall, yes?

Sorta doesn't matter to me; I think the small dimension rules out the "larger" speakers you list-Cornwalls, Forte's, Chorus. You have to think in terms of aesthetics, and the physical amount of space, mostly width, that they'll consume. They'd dominate the room physically.

Largest I'd use would be Heresy's. Or go with the modern Klipsch towers because they have a narrower footprint.

6 hours ago, Downhome Upstate said:

Thanks, Peter. But don't the Heresys have about the same footprint as the Fortes? There's a sweet pair of Forte III's for sale near me.

Ain't just the footprint, but the SIZE of the speaker. Appearance is just as important, and big speakers are the elephant in the room, so to speak.

54 minutes ago, Peter P. said:

Ain't just the footprint, but the SIZE of the speaker. Appearance is just as important, and big speakers are the elephant in the room, so to speak.

I've heard Fortes sound good in several rooms that are smaller than his. And the appearance is just fine. It appears as though his room will be dedicated to audio, so all the better.

Shakey

• Like 1

When you are considering layout be sure to allow enough space so that the speakers can be moved out from the wall. Also allow space behind where you sit so that the back of the couch isn't against a wall.

Might as well pick up the Forte III's, even if you change your mind they can easily be resold or used in another room.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Downhome Upstate said:

I overcame the last minute impulse to spend less on a pair of Zu Omen II DWs.

I’ll pick up the 1 year old Forte III’s this weekend. 

Zack offered some setup suggestions. I plan to spend some time getting this right. Anyone else have setup wisdom for the new Fortes to share?

Thanks,

Mike

My suggestion is to get them "near" the back wall, but away from corners. They can get a little boomy if too close.  8-10 inches seems to be a good starting point. Toe them in so they fire "just" in front of your head.

Shakey