The Klipsch Audio Community
wuzzzer

Any mountain bikers on here?

Just picked up this NOS GT i-drive 3.0.  Just needs air in the tires.  Might have to break out the Klipsch jersey for its maiden voyage. 

Screenshot_20200914-213717_Facebook.jpg

Screenshot_20200914-215807_Photos.jpg

• Like 6

I still have a GT that I bought around 25 years ago.  Front suspension, nothing fancy.  This i-drive is by far the nicest bike I've ever owned. 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, wuzzzer said:

Just picked up this NOS GT i-drive 3.0.  Just needs air in the tires.  Might have to break out the Klipsch jersey for its maiden voyage. 

About the only thing  you might need to add , would be a front Disc Brake ----

7 minutes ago, RandyH000 said:

About the only thing  you might need to add , would be a front Disc Brake ----

I believe this model is set up to do that pretty easily.  I don't ride often enough to warrant it, though.  Maybe once the bike needs new brakes.

Still have my original, nick named Frankenstein.e0c336c23c9f32055984bec6e541eb79.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

1 minute ago, baron167 said:

Still have my original, nick named Frankenstein.e0c336c23c9f32055984bec6e541eb79.jpg

My best friend got me into GT bikes so that's what I've always owned.  Always thought Trek made some good ones as well.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, wuzzzer said:

I believe this model is set up to do that pretty easily.  I don't ride often enough to warrant it, though.  Maybe once the bike needs new brakes.

it's a great safety feature to have -  for  going down hills

• Like 1

it's a great safety feature to have -   going down hills

Don't go faster than you can stop. Disc brakes work when wet.

ps
Don't look where you don't wanna go.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, baron167 said:

love this jerseyb7f9afb2028b27d5ed1c75cf36b09ebd.jpg

Me too.  For right now it just hangs in my theater room. 

• Like 1

No I don't ride but that is some good looking bikes.

• Like 1

Cool thread. After 40 years of no bike riding (peddle bike) I bought a Diamondback Sorrento earlier this year. I actually like riding more than I thought I would. I bought the wife a Trek and my daughter a Specialized. Mine is a mountainbike, theirs are hybrid. Our little town recently turned an old railroad track into a walking/bike trail...it's currently 12 miles long, with a future connection to Indy. We ride a couple times a week, just cruising, but I'll go by myself just to get a better workout. My niece and my nephew will ride also, it's fun with a group, but don't expect to get a lot of miles in, just casual riding. 

• Like 3

There's a trail that's about 100 miles long where I live.  Hope to get some miles in to enjoy the fall colors. 

• Like 4

Mine is not really a mountain bike and not fancy like y'all's Treks, but I have a GT Timberline All Terra that I really dig.  It has the weird Hobson Easyseat, but hey, if you want your junk to work later in life, look into that.

I use it around here a bit on the streets and a lot on the trails.  The hard ride keeps me mostly on the road.  Still, I love it and try to do 3-5 miles every day, weather permitting.

IMG_5931.png

• Like 2

my new-used upgrade, picked it up from a friend in CO,  SB100T3 ; the original seat shown sucked big time. weather's nice and fall is in the air, hit the trails.

yeti sb100t3.jpg

• Like 3

I don't, but recently purchased a new Marin for my Son.  Nice bike, it amazes me how much bikes have changed in the last 20 years.  Used to be an old skool BMX kid, had  GT, Redline, Schwinn predator, Hutch trick star.  Loved riding around with friends looking for job sites to turn into race tracks.   Very similar bike as my son's but orange instead of blue.

Marin Bayview disc 24 bike at Classic cycle Bainbridge | Classic Cycle  Bainbridge Island Kitsap County

• Like 1