Any mountain bikers on here?

wuzzzer

Some nice bikes guys.

Rode quite a bit in the mid to late 90's.  Surprisingly many great trails here in FL.

Have an old Gary Fisher Joshua F4.  Known for their tendency to "end-over".  Happened once to me and I performed a perfect tuck and roll with no scratches.

1999 Gary Fisher Joshua F4 - Bicycle Details - BicycleBlueBook.com

Bill

• Like 5

14 hours ago, Gilbert said:

my new-used upgrade, picked it up from a friend in CO,  SB100T3 ; the original seat shown sucked big time. weather's nice and fall is in the air, hit the trails.

she sure looks damn good ,  if not perfect -

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Shiva said:

Ah yes, I can just hear it,  slipping silently through the woods.😀

I stop by a local trek bike shop..

a couple of months ago..

I was overwhelmed by the pricing...

$5-8000 +/-... just to peddle..

at that price point .. it better come with a motor !

and if anyone wants to be silent

but I'm not knocking the mountain bikers...

both are physically demanding..

• Like 3

5 hours ago, dirtmudd said:

a couple of months ago..

I was fortunate, at least I think so.  My new bike originally sold for $1,600 about 15 years ago.  I paid $250 for it. 

3 hours ago, wuzzzer said:

I was fortunate, at least I think so.  My new bike originally sold for $1,600 about 15 years ago.  I paid $250 for it. 

you dont get very much today for 1600$ , 250$ , that's the price of a basic wheel

• Moderators
39 minutes ago, RandyH000 said:

you dont get very much today for 1600$ , 250$ , that's the price of a basic wheel

I knew they were not cheap but I had no idea they were priced like that. I would guess made much better than the older bikes but man that's expensive.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, dtel said:

I knew they were not cheap but I had no idea they were priced like that. I would guess made much better than the older bikes but man that's expensive.

some 10 year old bikes are better than some newer bikes ,if higher quality parts were used  and parts  become much more expensive as time passes , the higher advances in technology is usually the  frame , but it's very easy to buy a new frame , and swap  everything else over from an older good quality bike -

A nice bike, like the Klipsch ladder, is a slippery slope that is even more fun to ride.

This summer I sold my 2013 Trek 3700 for a little more than it cost me five years ago due the Covid shortage on new bikes.

I had picked up a 2018 Norco Storm 1 last fall for $550 (about half the cost of new, and a pretty fair price) and initially thought I would keep both bikes but the improvements in technology made the decision to part easy.

29 inch wheels(clearance and smooth rolling), hydraulic brakes(sure and accurate stops), lockout shocks(for road use) and at least a 9-speed cassette(always a better, faster, or easier gear) are minimum requirements now. A dropper post is sweet too for changing elevations.

It all makes sense once you get back on the seat. Which will probably be a pain in the butt until you find the right one. Too soft and you lose power, too hard and you lose the will to go on, lol.

Would love to find a carbon fibre full suspension on the used market some day. I would expect to pay a couple grand for one. But man would you ever fly on a lighter bike.

I might even consider trading my LSI Splits for the right bike. Have to cross that bridge when I come to it.

Either way the wind will always be in my face.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, dirtmudd said:

a couple of months ago..

at that price point .. it better come with a motor !

and if anyone wants to be silent

but I'm not knocking the mountain bikers...

both are physically demanding..

Damn I like that. Thought I might hate electric vehicles because the loss of the combustion engine sound, but I like it. Stealth.