Any mountain bikers on here?

wuzzzer

My first mountain bike was a GT that I had back in college( 90's)  I destroyed that when I started getting airborne for more than a little curb hop.  Then, I bought a trek 4900.... I replaced just about every part on that bike before retiring it to just an easy trail riding bike.  Then, I built up a Jamis Komodo Frame (pictured).... that could actually handle what I was trying to do!

4-27-06 185.jpg

2006 May 7 268.jpg

• Like 3

On 9/14/2020 at 11:44 PM, wuzzzer said:

Always thought Trek made some good ones as well.

I used to live outside of Waterloo, WI, home of Trek bikes. You would often see employees out riding on the roads around town. I loved it out there, except for the winters. 😀

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Marvel said:

I used to live outside of Waterloo, WI, home of Trek bikes. You would often see employees out riding on the roads around town. I loved it out there, except for the winters. 😀

That's when you put on a good snowmobile suit and hit the trails on a sled 😀

I know people look at me and laugh when I talk about snowmobiles, and my wife thinks I'm odd. but......

I grew up riding bicycles and dirt bikes, then street bikes around 16,  jet skis and quads are a lot of fun, performances karts are spectacular on a real road course, I was a licensed motorcycle road racer a few years back (at age 46)

BUT NOTHING IS AS MUCH FUN TO RIDE AS A SNOWMOBILE!!