Need Advice - Cornwall IV plus Center and Surrounds

Dawn Surprise

I need advice.  Right now I have the opportunity to upgrade my speakers, probably for the last time in this life. The room is 19' wide, 16' deep.  I have been lusting after the Cornwall IV,  but the room also has to function as a 5.1 system.  The budget is ~ 10-12k.  Assuming the Cornwalls in front, what is best for center, sub, and surround speakers?  My current thinking is to use two Heresy IV's for the surrounds, two VTF-3 MK5 HP subs, and God knows what for the center.  The center speaker has to fit on the shelf under the TV, so the Heresy won't work there.  Currently the only other components in the system are a Yamaha RX3070 receiver and an Oppo UDP-205.  The Yamaha may be replaced with tubes in the future - depending on how it all sounds.

This system is for music.  Music is first, movies and TV are secondary.  However, the surrounds MUST be able to handle things like the 5.1 Blu-Ray Audio Beatles, XTC, etc. For example, I'm thinking about the Blu-Ray Audio surround version of Abbey Road in the beginning of 'Come Together', which has heavy bass and percussion in the rear speakers.  Also, the once superfluous center channel gets used as a real speaker (usually for vocals) in many of these mixes.  Ridiculous but true.

I welcome your thoughts.

• 2 weeks later...

The Cornwall IV and Heresy IV combination is powerful and dynamic.  I have heard the Cornwall IVs and loved them.  Don't underwhelm the setup with a modest center speaker, you will regret it.  I run 2 SW 115s for subs and regularly pick up items that I knocked off shelves when the blu rays get cookin'.  I run Khorns for mains with a Lascala II ctr and Heresy surrounds.  I constantly read stories from people who buy less than they really want and end up paying twice to get what really fills their desire.  If you don't plan on buying again, err on the more side not the less side.  I have been on the less side myself and ended up buying twice.  Just my thoughts, and I don't know your space limitations.  If you settle on the Cornwall IVs and Heresys, you might try several ctr speakers to get the perfect fit.  Let us know how your search goes.