“Front B” Speaker Assignment

Miso

I have a Denon AVR-X1600H.  I would like to set up a second pair of front speakers for use sometimes. The manual says to set the “Assign Mode to Front B”, but lists this under Zone 2 in the manual. I have two questions:

1). If I am using the Front B’s, will I still get sound out of the center and rears since it is in Zone 2?  I assume so, correct?

2) Do I need to run Audyssey for both configurations (Front A and Front B)?  Is that possible?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Hi

1) If you play michael jackson in zone2/frontB, that music cannot be emitted from any other speakers than the ones assigned to zone2/frontB. I think the idea with zone2/frontB is that you can play sound from two different sources simultaneously, and on the same system, just different speakers in that same system. So for example, i can have michael jackson playing from your fronts and beethoven from the rears at the same time.

When in "zone 2 mode", you go from having 7.x to having 5.x + 2.0. So what would be your rear surrounds become your front b speakers.

2) Since zone2/frontB will limit you to stereo, there wont be a need for a room correction software. Because of that, i dont think you can set audyssey for zone1 and zone2, but i might be wrong. Dont really know. just assuming