Can you spot the coincidences?

DizRotus

The first day we hooked them up, the director played Back In The USSR at 100+ dB and went to the farthest corner of the school to see if he could hear it; he could.

Here one is facing the music.

post-6832-0-60120000-1423623361_thumb.jpg

Would you believe this is how we delivered them to the school?

post-6832-0-00640000-1463065100_thumb.jpg

I thought not.  We used a van, a white van.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

3 hours ago, Ceptorman said:

$59.95 seems kind of high for that vinyl banner.  It wouldn’t surprise me if the director paid for that out of his own pocket.  I keep meaning to check in with him to see how he’s doing.  It’s been more than a dozen years since our younger son played the trombone in the band, I no longer see the director on a regular basis.

He was so pleased with the sound system, that he told the middle school band director to contact me when she wanted to upgrade from cheesy computer speakers.  A pair of refurbished KP-201s, attached to the walls with adjustable brackets from Parts a Express did the trick.

I need to get photos of the KPs hanging in place.  You need to use your imagination and picture them mounted on the blue cinder block on either side of the white board about even with the acoustical panels.  They are angled down and toed in slightly.  They’re technically upside down with the tweeters at the bottom.  That’s why the logo appears to be upside down in the photo of the speaker sitting on my deck.

I hope hundreds of students have been exposed to the dynamics of high efficiency, low distortion, Klipsch sound.  When the director first approached me for advice, he mentioned that another band father had suggested spending $4,000 on a Bose system.  When he told me his budget was $2,000.00, I gasped and told him I could make their ears bleed on that budget.

341175977_longshot.thumb.jpg.a2fc6ee79b79c6398637bd5297183f71.jpg

close-up.thumb.jpg.161d5ee5d2c649c567ab872b78ab97dd.jpg

1053165298_OnStageSS7322B.thumb.jpg.b3169a8a5b86acdf34260a213f6ed5f3.jpg967189959_SteelSpeakerPoleMount.thumb.jpg.23becb15493c074d5ebffb241828871f.jpg1478372290_IMG_0596(Medium).thumb.JPG.a968480e6ae77e3222c6fd230579cbae.JPG

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, DizRotus said:

$59.95 seems kind of high for that vinyl banner.  It wouldn’t surprise me if the director paid for that out of his own pocket.  I keep meaning to check in with him to see how he’s doing.  It’s been more than a dozen years since our younger son played the trombone in the band, I no longer see the director on a regular basis.

He was so pleased with the sound system, that he told the middle school band director to contact me when she wanted to upgrade from cheesy computer speakers.  A pair of refurbished KP-201s, attached to the walls with adjustable brackets from Parts a Express did the trick.

I need to get photos of the KPs hanging in place.  You need to use your imagination and picture them mounted on the blue cinder block on either side of the white board about even with the acoustical panels.  They are angled down and toed in slightly.  They technically upside down with the tweeters at the bottom.  That’s why the logo appears upside down in the photo of the speaker sitting on my deck.

I hope hundreds of students have been exposed to the dynamics of high efficiency, low distortion, Klipsch sound.  When the director first approached me for advice, he mentioned that another band father had suggested spending $4,000 on a Bose system.  When he told me his budget was $2,000.00, I gasped and told him I could make their ears bleed on that budget.

341175977_longshot.thumb.jpg.a2fc6ee79b79c6398637bd5297183f71.jpg

close-up.thumb.jpg.161d5ee5d2c649c567ab872b78ab97dd.jpg

1053165298_OnStageSS7322B.thumb.jpg.b3169a8a5b86acdf34260a213f6ed5f3.jpg967189959_SteelSpeakerPoleMount.thumb.jpg.23becb15493c074d5ebffb241828871f.jpg1478372290_IMG_0596(Medium).thumb.JPG.a968480e6ae77e3222c6fd230579cbae.JPG

Nice work Neil. Hopefully some of those kids remember the great sound and the Klipsch name sticks with them. Is there a benefit to the sound to hang a speaker upside down? 

My wife is a teacher, and I know well about how they spend some of the pay to obtain materiasl and supplies to help the students, but she loves her job.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Ceptorman said:

Is there a benefit to the sound to hang a speaker upside down? 

I think so.  It puts the tweeters closer to the students.  If right side up, the highs would tend to spray over their heads more.  In situations where speakers are mounted near the ceiling—which does not apply here—having the woofer closer to the corner at the ceiling—functioning like a floor— enhances the bass.

Even though nowhere near the very high ceiling, I figured it couldn’t hurt. Nevertheless, I made certain the Klipsch logos were right side up.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, dtel said:

I hope he had help getting that sucker up that ladder.

Elden,

You’re the first person to articulate the use of a la Scala to place a La Scala in a room with a La Scala banner on the wall.  Yes he had help getting them up the ladder.  They’ve been up and down several times over the years for their summer checkups. A few summers ago, the director was kind enough to lend them to me for my 50th HS reunion.  He got a free fresh coat of Duratex in return.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, DizRotus said:

Elden,

You’re the first person to articulate the use of a la Scala to place a La Scala in a room with a La Scala banner on the wall.  Yes he had help getting them up the ladder.  They’ve been up and down several times over the years for their summer checkups. A few summers ago, the director was kind enough to lend them to me for my 50th HS reunion.  He got a free fresh coat of Duratex in return.

If there is one thing I cannot stand, it is when someone gives me a gift, then wants to borrow it!!! 😀

He should have been more than happy to let you use them. The fresh duratex was a bonus.

Nice Klipsch tags too.

• Like 1