Jump to content
The Klipsch Audio Community
jjptkd

Covid-19 and Freedom of Assembly, etc.

Recommended Posts

59 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

Thick as a brick.  Sorry I tried to explain the difference between state and local laws and what the constitution is about.  You are on your own.

 

42 minutes ago, RandyH000 said:

Thank you , it reminds me of Constitutional Law 101 ,  May I suggest ;

https://scholarship.law.nd.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1861&context=ndlr

 


Reminds me of Jethro Tull — 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, oldtimer said:

Point of information:  Not meant as an argument pro or con, but the constitution sets forth the structure of the federal government, not any basic moral , philosophical, or practical terms of citizenship, or civic duty.

But the structure set forth is reflective of a basic moral, philosophical and practical notion of citizenship and civic duties.  I know.  I saw it on PBS last night.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Jeff Matthews said:

But the structure set forth is reflective of a basic moral, philosophical and practical notion of citizenship and civic duties.  I know.  I saw it on PBS last night.

So answer daveA question from last page.  Im done with conversing with sfb's here.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

So answer daveA question from last page.  Im done with conversing with sfb's here.

I don't see a question.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, mungkiman said:

 I don't see any justification for packing people shoulder to shoulder in houses of worship or rallies of any kind.

 

The problem is they're picking and choosing what's ok and what's not based on agendas and not safety.  Peaceful protests of hundreds are ok while peaceful worship is not.  Government employees have access to gyms and the general public does not.  A liquor store is an essential business?  

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, CECAA850 said:

The problem is they're picking and choosing what's ok and what's not based on agendas and not safety.  Peaceful protests of hundreds are ok while peaceful worship is not.  Government employees have access to gyms and the general public does not.  A liquor store is an essential business?  

Exactly!  What a slippery slope!  Once you start picking winners and losers so brazenly, it exposes the thuggery involved.  Yet, here we are... we're gonna vote to prevent it, but wait... It's here!  I see a great policy, but ineffectiveness to implement.  If we vote for the status quo, we just might get it.  One side will shut you down, and the other will put a bullet in you just to be sure.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

The problem is they're picking and choosing what's ok and what's not based on agendas and not safety.  Peaceful protests of hundreds are ok while peaceful worship is not.  Government employees have access to gyms and the general public does not.  A liquor store is an essential business?  

 

Or... maybe that IS the agenda?!

 

Expose the (alleged) rabble to the danger and keep the (indoctrinated) moral cream of the crop out of harms way.

 

Natural selection gets half the selection to run it’s immediate course on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

The problem is they're picking and choosing what's ok and what's not based on agendas and not safety.  Peaceful protests of hundreds are ok while peaceful worship is not.

 

Even peaceful protests of hundreds wearing masks are sometimes met with extreme violence from people on the other side of the same coin, if not also militarized police and federal officers. I have yet to see that type of response against peaceful worshipers not wearing masks this election cycle, at least not in this country. Is the difference based on agenda, or safety?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, geoff. said:

Expose the (alleged) rabble to the danger and keep the (indoctrinated) moral cream of the crop out of harms way.

Except for professional sports players and old ladies who need to fluff their hair.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, mungkiman said:

 

Even peaceful protests of hundreds wearing masks are sometimes met with extreme violence from people on the other side of the same coin, if not also militarized police and federal officers. I have yet to see that type of response against peaceful worshipers not wearing masks this election cycle, at least not in this country. Is the difference based on agenda, or safety?

 

Violence isn't emanating out of churches.  I'd hate to be a cop right now.  In fact, I wouldn't risk it.  I'd quit and find another career.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Violence isn't emanating out of peaceful protests either, but peaceful protests are too often met with violence. That was my point.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, mungkiman said:

Violence isn't emanating out of peaceful protests either, but peaceful protests are too often met with violence. That was my point.

 

The problem is the violence is right there... juxtaposed to the peaceful people.  If you want to be peaceful, that's no place to be.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, mungkiman said:

1st amendment rights shouldn't be met with violence, but here we are.

 

Guild by association surely isn't fair, but my parents raised me to know that I need to be careful not to associate with people who could get me in trouble.

 

I've protested before, too, but if the crowd is there burning stuff and fighting, you can count me out.  I'll just stay home.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Did your parents introduce you to PBS? Mine did.

 

Burning stuff and fighting seems to be more agenda than safety.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, mungkiman said:

Did your parents introduce you to PBS? Mine did.

It was one of the few channels we had.  2, 8, 11, 13, 26 and 39.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Jeff Matthews said:

It was one of the few channels we had.  2, 8, 11, 13, 26 and 39.

 

My parents would twist the knob to PBS and then pull it off.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Jeff Matthews said:

 if the crowd is there burning stuff and fighting, you can count me out.  I'll just stay home.

the Hippies knew better with Peace and Love , and no violence  -

 

 

image.jpeg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, mungkiman said:

Violence isn't emanating out of peaceful protests either, but peaceful protests are too often met with violence. That was my point.

 

 

52 minutes ago, Jeff Matthews said:

The problem is the violence is right there... juxtaposed to the peaceful people.  If you want to be peaceful, that's no place to be.  


Violent protest is here and now, and elected officials are not only taking note but voicing “concerning” projections around the upcoming election. A county commissioner in my county issued a FB post about the possibility of civil war if the election goes the wrong direction according to those already in “peaceful” protests. He sites the blatant shooting of police, burning city blocks, violent harassment to those with opposing views etc. He advises to prepare for this uprising with stockpiles of ammo and guns. Of course the remaining commissioners are aghast with this statement but he stands by the words. And yes I live in Kansas but not the backwater Kansas that is generally portrayed; this commissioner oversees a top 15 wealthiest county in the country. Which goes to show how these violent protesters have resonated far and wide. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...