Newbie Speaker Upgrade

kcurtis600

On ‎9‎/‎15‎/‎2020 at 9:27 PM, kcurtis600 said:

what is a phantom center, no center at all? Seller is running them off a KV-3 cc which he would also throw in.

Thanks!

If the seller is throwing in the kv3 for free might as well give it a try. I'm not running a center myself right now in my TV system and it sounds just fine but I haven't been watching any movies lately.  When I was on a serious movie kick a few years back I found having a dedicated center was helpful, kept the voices where they were supposed to be no matter where I sat in the room and really helped during quiet passages keep the dialogue crisp and clear, without the center I found I would have to often times turn the volume up during quiet times then back down again during loud action scenes, kind of annoying after awhile.

On 9/17/2020 at 6:37 PM, kcurtis600 said:

Had seller send some pictures to me, they look a little rough.00g0g_gXmdFGhsYXv_0CI0t2_300x300.jpg00J0J_2bBoaPJo1Bu_0CI0t2_300x300.jpg00o0o_8gJS7LKhaJ4_0CI0t2_300x300.jpg00X0X_5qcrFeHOzJh_0CI0t2_300x300.jpg01515_7oOroIxyyIQ_0CI0t2_300x300.jpg

I never get why so many sellers don't spend a little time dusting/cleaning their gear before taking photos.:unsure:  I usually take one photo after "cleaning" and if I see any dust/blemish I immediately address it before more photos.

@kcurtis600, enjoy your new speakers and welcome to the forum.

Bill

Flowerpots on speakers... I bet those cabinets will have some stains for shure. I´d be weary of a seller who treats their speakers as just another piece of furniture.

On the other hand, if they are all good inside and sound right, the cabinets can always be fixed. Do You have a chance to listen to them before you buy?