Jump to content
The Klipsch Audio Community
tidmack

1981 HWO Heresys For Sale Madison, WI Consec Numbers Dual Phase Plug K55

Recommended Posts

I tried this years ago and my post lasted about a day before I got frustrated with the responses and just parted the speakers out. But, let's see if things are different this time around. I have a pair of 1981 HWO Heresys with angle risers and the most sought after version of the K55V; the soldered terminal, dual phase plug version. Theoretically, these should be the smoothest sounding Heresys from the golden age of Klipsch. They're $1,000. I'll give them a couple weeks, and if they don't sell, I'll part 'em out. Even after eBay fees, I'll do better than my asking price parting them out.  These are pickup only in 53560, just West of Madison, WI. Again, if I have to box these up, I'll just part them out. I've done nothing with these speakers except let them sit in a spare room. No stains, but a few chips...still living room worthy. These would look gorgeous oiled up with 0000 steel wool...once a day for a week, once a week for a month, and once a month for a year. Lol, I think HornEd shared that trick with me, and it WORKS. 

 

Those who have worked with me before know I'm a pretty reasonable guy. My intention is not to come off harsh, but I don't have time to do math with guys who will inevitably say they're not worth the money. But, those are the same guys who get angry when speakers get parted out...

 

Get a pair of subs with these and have a system that will rival Klipschorns. Seriously. 

 

Thanks guys. Jeff

thumbnail (7) (Medium).jpg

thumbnail (11) (Medium).jpg

thumbnail (12) (Medium).jpg

thumbnail (19) (Medium).jpg

thumbnail (20) (Medium).jpg

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Only thing I'd ever upgrade my 81 Heresys to would be Cornwalls or LaScalas and you better believe the soldered K-55Vs from the Heresys would come along for the ride. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, tidmack said:

. They're $1,000. I'll give them a couple weeks, and if they don't sell, I'll part 'em out. Even after eBay fees, I'll do better than my asking price parting them out.  

Thanks guys. Jeff

thumbnail (7) (Medium).jpg

 

 

Unfortunately those speakers are worth more parted out than put together and with H-3's selling at you asking price lately I'm sure that's the route you'll end up going. 

 

Good news is these parts will go to good use and someone will pick up the empty cabinets and they will be born again, possibly as super heresys? 

 

Anyway good luck with your sale!

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, jjptkd said:

Unfortunately those speakers are worth more parted out than put together and with H-3's selling at you asking price lately I'm sure that's the route you'll end up going. 

 

Good news is these parts will go to good use and someone will pick up the empty cabinets and they will be born again, possibly as super heresys? 

 

Anyway good luck with your sale!

I hear ya, but I'd certainly rather keep them whole. Hopefully there's a guy out there putting together a vintage system and wants what many say are the sweetest sounding version of the Heresy made. We'll see...

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, wuzzzer said:

Only thing I'd ever upgrade my 81 Heresys to would be Cornwalls or LaScalas and you better believe the soldered K-55Vs from the Heresys would come along for the ride. 

I'm not usually into the K77 sounds better or worse than the K77M discussion, but like you, the soldered terminal K55V is phenomenal. Thanks for the message, Wuzzer, good to hear from you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'll take the empty cabinets off your hands when the time comes. So now you have that assurance. Good luck anyway. Hope you get what you are looking for.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, 314carpenter said:

I'll take the empty cabinets off your hands when the time comes. So now you have that assurance. Good luck anyway. Hope you get what you are looking for.

Darnit, always a few minutes late and $500 short.  I have all the parts necessary to build my third pair of Heresy except for the cabs, and have had for a year now.  :P

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Oicu812 said:

Darnit, always a few minutes late and $500 short.  I have all the parts necessary to build my third pair of Heresy except for the cabs, and have had for a year now.  :P

$500 Wow! Thanks for helping with the negotiations. Was not aware of the fact this was an auction site either. I never knew thr empty cabinets could be worth that. I'll be sure to give you a shout when I have something I am looking to let go of too. 

 

JK. LOL.😷

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎9‎/‎17‎/‎2020 at 3:55 PM, tidmack said:

I hear ya, but I'd certainly rather keep them whole. Hopefully there's a guy out there putting together a vintage system and wants what many say are the sweetest sounding version of the Heresy made. We'll see...

 

A pair just sold on eBay for $1150 so there might be hope after all:

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Vintage is in my brothers.  The Hipster crowd are the ones seeking the vinyl, turntables, tubes, and vintage speakers and most likely driving up the prices..

 

Good luck with your sale.  Beautiful Heresys.

 

Bill

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/19/2020 at 9:12 AM, willland said:

Vintage is in my brothers.  The Hipster crowd are the ones seeking the vinyl, turntables, tubes, and vintage speakers and most likely driving up the prices..

 

Good luck with your sale.  Beautiful Heresys.

 

Bill

Hi Bill, thank you for the kind words. It'd be a shame to part these, so I hope someone else feels these are the pinnacle of first generation Heresys and keeps them whole. We'll see what happens...

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/19/2020 at 6:45 AM, jjptkd said:

A pair just sold on eBay for $1150 so there might be hope after all:

 

 

I've hit the $1,000 threshold two other times with Heresy 1's, just not on the forum, lol. Too often, guys chime in with comments that essentially crap on sales...things like prices being too close to Heresy III prices and displaying eBay sales with other forum members laughing at the price. Once again, THIS is why this forum is so incredibly annoying. Buy or don't buy, but everyone is an online appraiser behind their keyboard. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/18/2020 at 2:03 PM, 314carpenter said:

$500 Wow! Thanks for helping with the negotiations. Was not aware of the fact this was an auction site either. I never knew thr empty cabinets could be worth that. I'll be sure to give you a shout when I have something I am looking to let go of too. 

 

JK. LOL.😷

I'd sure prefer to sell these whole, but will stay in touch if I part them. I believe I might have a 2nd pair of HWO cabinets at home. Please give me a few days to check. I'd be looking to get $150 for the empties. Thanks.

 

Jeff

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, tidmack said:

I'd sure prefer to sell these whole, but will stay in touch if I part them. I believe I might have a 2nd pair of HWO cabinets at home. Please give me a few days to check. I'd be looking to get $150 for the empties. Thanks.

 

Jeff

Too bad we missed those 1978 HWO's on Craigslist yesterday. They were priced at $100 and were gone to the first contact. Not $100 for the cabinets, but for the whole enchilada. Nice condition too. Location Dane County. I never got a reply @ the +3 hour.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, 314carpenter said:

Too bad we missed those 1978 HWO's on Craigslist yesterday. They were priced at $100 and were gone to the first contact. Nice condition too. Location Dane County. I never got a reply @ the +3 hour.

I didn't even see them! I hope the went to a good home.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...