Aircraft Jobs PSA

USNRET

Aircraft jobs
Kay and Associates are hiring P-3 maintenance personnel to support CBP P-3 aircraft in Corpus Christi, TX.

APG mechanics (engines, hydraulics, flight control rigging, etc) and airframes capable of O, I and some D level repairs both require an A&P license. P-3 experience a major plus but C-130 and heavy turbo-prop considered.

Electricians

Avionics techs with radar experience (prefer APS-145 you E-2 folks)

GSE

Administration personnel with some background in HR

P-3 QA with IA

Etc, etc

Look at the Kay Inc web site. Some positions have been tentatively filled BUT with the requirement to be able to obtain a DoD secret and a Homeland Security Background investigation (sorta equal to a T.S. without the poly) could eliminate current applicants so apply anyway.

I am not the hiring manager but can give some insight as I have been on the program for 11 years.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RandyH000 said:

-Northrop Gets $896M CBP Contract for P-3 Aircraft Maintenance, Logistics Support

https://www.govconwire.com/2020/06/northrop-gets-896m-cbp-contract-for-p-3-aircraft-maintenance-logistics-support/

Northrop is the prime contractor and covers the Jacksonville, Fl site and Kay is a sub-contractor that covers the Corpus site. Corpus is union and Jax is not. 

• Like 1

• 2 years later...
15 hours ago, reservedzz said:

How do I find a good job in the industry? I don’t have any education in the field, but it would be cool to still get any kind of job connected to aircraft. I can help repair or clean it. I didn’t have the possibility to get to a college and get a higher education. I’ve only graduated from a trade school.
I am looking through Sarkari Result every day, looking for a decent job, but it is my dream to have something to do with airplanes, even if it’s just about cleaning or maintaining them. I am an electrician and can also help do some electrical jobs in planes.

I know nothing, please keep this in mind.  When I was an engineer, I knew engineers in the aircraft industry.  They did well, but layoffs were very common.  Keep this in mind.  That can be rough if you do not have reserve cash. 

Look into cleaning private aircraft or something like that.  Or even working at a small airport (like an executive airport, we have several in the city where I live).  I used to work for a company that had a private helicopter.  When we were at the small airport, it seems like you can get in easily.  If you have contact with pilots and mechanics, make connections and work from there to turn it into something.