How would you use this space?

Thaddeus Smith

• 2 months later...

Just kidding! It's been an eventful December and life is getting real in the next couple of years - we're going to start building in 2022 and decided to go with a slightly smaller house (still two stories). Morgan and I will be sharing that office/playroom upstairs and the girls will be in each of the bedrooms until TBD, so the stereo/TV will be going in the living room along the wall where there's a fireplace and we'll just be excluding the fireplace and chimney in the build. Also killing that extra door near the front stage.

https://houseplans.southernliving.com/plans/SL1832

SL-1832_F1.jpg?1343845171

SL-1832_F2.jpg?1343845269

SL-1832_FCP.jpg?1504274761

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/20/2020 at 12:19 PM, Thaddeus Smith said:

Just kidding! It's been an eventful December and life is getting real in the next couple of years - we're going to start building in 2022

Looks like an old late 19th early 20th century  Farm House -- classical styling -

I know there is going to come a time when I'm going to want to sell this house and build/buy something smaller.  For the majority of the year, its just 3 of us in right at 3,000 sqft since our daughter is gone 9 months a year for college.  We went from about 1800 to 3000 with the upstairs being about 600 of it...for my crap.  Funny how we end up upstairs most every night listening to music and not downstairs watching tv; thats been nice. 

I love the house but I know eventually I'm going to want to retire and I won't always be able to trek upstairs.  Ha.